PDA

View Full Version : Vintage Rover's North

parrie
09-18-2012, 12:05 PM
Getting ready to put Daisey in the shop for dismantle and thought someone may enjoy the vintage Rover's North sticker that resides on the rear glass. Must be from the dark ages...no web address, no fax!

ThePhotographer
09-18-2012, 12:35 PM
Different font
No ".com"
No "Land Rover Genuine Parts Support" logo
No folding side steps
No tread on the tyre on the bonnet
No heater intake grille
No raised air intake
No hubs
No interior shadows
No alpine window
Different roof rack
Hand Cut
No wing mounted mirror
Different front bumper
Quote on the roof

You sir have a very, VERY old RN 109 sticker!

stomper
09-18-2012, 01:19 PM
Different font
No ".com"
No "Land Rover Genuine Parts Support" logo
No folding side steps
No tread on the tyre on the bonnet
No heater intake grille
No raised air intake
No hubs
No interior shadows
No alpine window
Different roof rack
Hand Cut
No wing mounted mirror
Different front bumper
Quote on the roof

You sir have a very, VERY old RN 109 sticker!

And you sir, have stared at that sticker vs. the new one way too long! LOL! ;)

parrie
09-18-2012, 03:48 PM
Dare I say this could be thee RN prototype sticker...I hear tell they are going for big dollars on ebay!

The ole girl had a few old trinkets left from the PO including a blue ribbon from the Owl's Head Transportation Museum. Poor ole girl isn't in "blue ribbon" condition at present but I hope to get her back to her original glory. I see that LR is the featured marque at next years BI, I'd like to think I can have her ready to make the trip.

jonnyd
09-18-2012, 03:52 PM
Parrie, I would love to have that sticker!

parrie
09-18-2012, 04:07 PM
Ah, we have a bidder! I was thinking someone from the RN gang may want it for the archives. I'm going to try to remove it w/ a hair dryer once I get the truck to my shop, hopefully by this weekend. If I can get it off in one piece and RN has no interest I'll send it your way.

ThePhotographer
09-18-2012, 04:11 PM
We give these out to share, not to take back :). Thanks for keeping us in mind, but please send it Jonny's way!

jonnyd
09-18-2012, 04:15 PM
thanks, Zack.

Parrie, let me know if it comes off ok. Thank you!

siii8873
09-18-2012, 04:22 PM
I think I have the same sticker, came with one of my trucks.

o2batsea
09-18-2012, 04:54 PM
The black event tag is from the Greek Peak gathering. A fun weekend. I made the mistake of trying to follow Mike Liodici on one of his wild goose chases where we all ended up dead ended and stuck. My water pump went out and I had to scam one from Bobeck. My recollection of the organization of it and how it came together is a little sketchy. I do recall lots of email/BBS traffic about where to have it. I'm sure the right people will hop in and offer way more detail. Here's a link to some pics (http://www.williammaloney.com/LandRover/GreekPeak1998/index.htm) from Bill Maloney.

siii8873
09-18-2012, 05:04 PM
I thought I deleted this picture and put it in another post with some stickers. Thanks for the reply on this post anyway, very interesting.

cmcgahagin
09-18-2012, 07:32 PM
Dare I say this could be thee RN prototype sticker...I hear tell they are going for big dollars on ebay!

The ole girl had a few old trinkets left from the PO including a blue ribbon from the Owl's Head Transportation Museum.

To go off on a tangent. I remember cruising on my Harley to the DownEast in '86 to visit family and coming an across an unexpected Rover ralley at Owl's Head. I bought my Series IIA later that same year.

parrie
09-19-2012, 06:45 AM
Hey Freddie, that's a cool story. Lot of good stuff at the museum. Not uncommon to see LRs in the area as ECR is right down the road from the museum and they used to have tons of LRs of all shapes and sizes. I remeber as a kid drving buy and seeing all the beasts lined-up. Unfortunately (for the series guy) ECR has shifted all their efforts to Defender's.

Yep, that is the same sticker siii, your's appears to be in pristine condition.

Jonny, I'll do my best to get it off in one piece. Let me know where you would like it sent.

siii8873
09-19-2012, 05:24 PM
I received two of these with a truck I bought, the one shown and a newer one w/ the .com info, tread on the spare.... If I realized it at the time I would have stuck the other one on my clipboard.