PDA

View Full Version : stickers / plate

siii8873
09-18-2012, 04:46 PM
I have the following stickers / plate which I would like to know some history of. One is west Conneticut rover club, one is finger lakes rover club, and third is a 50th anniversary plate. I have no connection to the stickers and if someone out there does send me your story and they could be yours.
The plate is cool. Made just like the ID plates on rovers.

I Leak Oil
09-18-2012, 06:16 PM
The black metal dash plaque is from the 1998 50th anniversary gathering at Greek Peak ski area in NY. Put on by ANARC. I was there man! Decent event and there were rumors of another every other year or so but nothing ever came of it.

The West ct rover club is defunct as far as I know.

siii8873
09-18-2012, 06:29 PM
wow Greek Peak. That brings back memories. I used to live just south of there and skiied there regularly until around 1978.

o2batsea
09-18-2012, 07:08 PM
ALL the Rover clubs in the pictures are defunct. The ANARC was an amalgam of OVLR, ROAV, and others. Not really a club per se. It formed and died pretty quick if memory serves. The goal was to have a national rally that was on the eastern seaboard. Greek Peak was it, one hit wonder.

This weekend's Conclave is another stab at that concept. See you there?

I Leak Oil
09-19-2012, 04:51 AM
ALL the Rover clubs in the pictures are defunct.

Clubs, been there done that....
Probably a dozen dead clubs for every one still going.
Find a few like minded rover people and go have fun. No dues, no big heads, no rover politics, no B.S.
Clubs are for chumps....

east high
09-19-2012, 10:44 AM
Clubs, been there done that....
Probably a dozen dead clubs for every one still going.
Find a few like minded rover people and go have fun. No dues, no big heads, no rover politics, no B.S.
Clubs are for chumps....

Word.

parrie
09-19-2012, 10:51 AM
"Clubs are for chumps" is a fine statement...would make an excellent bumper sticker! I'd trade mark that sucker if I were you!

I Leak Oil
09-19-2012, 11:12 AM
"Clubs are for chumps" is a fine statement...would make an excellent bumper sticker! I'd trade mark that sucker if I were you!

Trade marked. Consider it done I now own the exclusive rights to "Clubs are for Chumps" this 19th day of September 2012.

Now I'll have applications available for my new Clubs are for chumps club available soon. Who want's to sign up?:)

siii8873
09-20-2012, 06:19 AM
if anyone wants the west conn sticker let me know I'll send it your way. Hate to see it just sit in my filing cabinet if it means something to someone. Not looking for anything for it.

parrie
09-20-2012, 07:07 AM
If I'm the first to join does that make me "1st Chump" in line to be the "Head Chump"?

parrie
09-20-2012, 07:10 AM
I beleive "jonnyd" is somewhere in CT an would be interested in that west CT sticker...you out there jonny?

TeriAnn
09-20-2012, 08:27 AM
The black metal dash plaque is from the 1998 50th anniversary gathering at Greek Peak ski area in NY. Put on by ANARC. I was there man! Decent event and there were rumors of another every other year or so but nothing ever came of it.

I was there too. Drove my Dormobile out from California to attend. A bunch of folks from the Virginia Land Rover club introduced me to a beverage called Mississippi Mud. Got a bottle jack from a Disco I to add to my on board tool supply. I purchased a burn first aid kit there that someone liberated from me at the Portland Or. All British field meet the following year. I hope they had a real need for it.

Drove a loop around the Great Lakes on my way home. Spent a week in Moab on my way home too. Strangely it took about 5 days of hard driving to get from California to New York and a bit over a month to get home.

Lots of good memories from that trip. I have one of those plaques stashed away too.

jonnyd
09-20-2012, 09:25 AM
sent you a pm

if anyone wants the west conn sticker let me know I'll send it your way. Hate to see it just sit in my filing cabinet if it means something to someone. Not looking for anything for it.

I Leak Oil
09-20-2012, 10:10 AM
I was there too.

We actually met there. Sometimes those big events can be fun as they tend to draw a lot of people who wouldn't normally travel that far for a smaller one.

siii8873
09-20-2012, 01:54 PM
o2batsea sent alink with some pics of the event and I saw your (TeriAnn) pic in the pictures. Thought about how that was a leangthy trip for you when I saw it. Wish I had a month+ of free time to just travel, not sure how you manage that without working, good for you!.