PDA

View Full Version : IIA Engine???

parrie
09-19-2012, 10:48 AM
I am getting ready to dismantle Daisey for restoration and would like to confirm what I have for an engine and the compression ratio. The PO had smoked the original 2.25 petrol engine and replaced it w/ a re-built 2.25 petrol sometime during the late 90s. The only thing he could tell me about the new engine was that it was professionally built by someone on the West coast. I have tried to do some reasearch on the engine block number but can't find a match. The number on the engine block is 30600875. So far the only number I can find on the head (568750) is cast into the top of the head directly behind the carburator. Can any one enlighten me?

o2batsea
09-19-2012, 01:25 PM
That part number has been superceded. 8:1 head is ETC5412, 7:1 is ERC5900. I will take a SWAG and say that the rebuild probably involved taking something off the head so at minimum you have an 8:1 engine. What information do you hope to gain from the engine number?

parrie
09-19-2012, 02:21 PM
Thanks for the info. The PO did say that engine was an upgrade from the original but could not eleborate. Was hoping to confirm it was 8:1.

As for the engine number I'm mostly just curious as to what vehicle it originated from.

I Leak Oil
09-19-2012, 03:11 PM
Get some close up pictures of the top of the head just in back of the manifold. That square emboss (if it has one) should have an 8 stamped in it if it is an original 8:1 head. If there is no square emboss in the casting or the emboss is there but has no 8 stamped in it it was originally a 7:1 head. Pictures worth a thousand words as they say.

parrie
09-20-2012, 07:02 AM
Hey Jason (Mr. President), I was finally able to locate the #8 stamp. I had also contacted Richard Hall at Gelncoyne in the UK and he confirmed that the casting number on top of the head is an 8:1 casting. He said the block number was "a bit of an odd-ball number" but being a 3xx number it most likely came from a mid-60s export spec FC.

Thanks for your input!