PDA

View Full Version : coolant problem please help

rover1123
05-24-2007, 06:12 PM
I am thinking about getting a land rover discovery but there is one problem when it get hot the water in the raditor shoots back up in the overflow department, but the temp gauge inside the truck doesnt read hot, I am confused and wondering if the thermostat is stuck or the raditor needs flushged or worse a head is crack if anyone know please let me know thanks

singingcamel
05-25-2007, 02:55 PM
a real comon problem on the 3.9 liter and the 4.0 are a dropped sleeve as well as a cracked block. much to common.especially if there has been a history of over heating, these aluminum engine due not tolerate being over heated, cracking blocks.
if its a steal buy it and find a used 4.0 or 3.9 liter
it sure could be a thermostat or a clogged radiator.BUT
if i were you ,i'd turn around and run, run forest run...

skarvo
08-23-2007, 10:33 PM
All to familiar im sorry to say, we just put a new/used motor in our 95 disco I hated it for abot six months before that but now we love it, got it for a steal it came from texas, its gorgeous, we live in minnesota so i love driving it in the winter, have a mechanic who is an old friend who put it in for dirt cheap best invenstment ive ever made, i concur with singingcamel 100% if its cheap buy it otherwise run away. i thought i was gonna pull all my hair out before we were done fixing ours. But it was worth it in the end.