PDA

View Full Version : Random misfire

neifert2006
10-07-2012, 07:19 PM
I've recently had the check engine light come on in my 03 disco. I pulled the codes and came up with random misfire (P0300) & cyl 4 misfire (P0304). These codes have been popping up every couple days now. Most times it's at a low rpm while backing out of driveway after start up. The truck will run rough then clears right up and runs smooth.
I've done a little research on a few different forums and found this issue is quite common. Everyone who replaced plugs and leads where right back on saying still having same problem. So I don't think that's my problem either. Besides I just bought brand new oem plugs and proline leads from our host over the summer.

I just recently used marvel mystery oil in the last 1000 mi before changing oil. the code started about 2 or 3 wks later. I think some gunk might have broke free and is sticking up the valve in cyl 4. Anyways I'm thinking about the seafoam treatment to burn up any gunk that might be making the engine misfire. My question is do I just pour in the vacuum line from the brake servo?
Does anybody have any experience with this problem or with doing the sea foam treatment. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.