PDA

View Full Version : Extremely rare Superwinch PTO setup for sale!

RoverDover
10-08-2012, 02:53 PM
fairey/superwinch PTO setup for defender with bumper and complete driveline, fits any LT230 case with PTO drive gear. For a RHD, will fit an LHD with a bit of modification. the bumper alone is worth 400 bucks new and similar PTO winch will cost you at least $1500 new. but the real magic is the PTO gearbox, these are mythical beasts as rare as rocking horse ****. The setup isnt new and will need some oil seals as it leaks a little.
I am asking $2500 canadian and shipping is on your dime (the whole setup must weigh 200 pounds) I can deliver within 3 hours of Montreal,QC if you pay for my KIAs gas. you will probably never see another one for sale in North america, and once I am done building my garage in November the winch is going on my truck and no longer for sale.

rklewis
11-08-2012, 06:15 AM
Hi, do you have any pictures?

RoverDover
11-20-2012, 07:36 PM
Sorry guys, it has been installed on my truck and I am never taking it off! this thing is amazing!

Maryland 110
12-23-2012, 07:18 PM
I sold one (14k) unit for $1000 last summer with a winch bumper Not sure whats so rare about them , several have made their way through my hands. Drive shaft to the front of the truck mounts to the frame where the left hand drive steering box would be. Truck needs to be rhd for one of these.

RoverDover
12-26-2012, 10:20 PM
I sold one (14k) unit for $1000 last summer with a winch bumper Not sure whats so rare about them , several have made their way through my hands. Drive shaft to the front of the truck mounts to the frame where the left hand drive steering box would be. Truck needs to be rhd for one of these.

I have LHD but no powersteering, the non-power box allows the shaft to clear.

Maryland 110
12-30-2012, 11:33 AM
Man- you must have big arms ! With the additional several hundred pounds of weight up front that has to be tough with a manual box.

RoverDover
01-04-2013, 01:42 PM
235-85-r16s make it doable. running fat tyres is painful. offroading isnt that bad, parallel parking is a pain.

RoverDover
01-05-2013, 09:27 PM
... Drive shaft to the front of the truck mounts to the frame where the left hand drive steering box would be. Truck needs to be rhd for one of these.

Poppycock! I was fiddling about in the garage today and the powersteering box fits fine with the stock un modified Superwinch driveshaft in place, I will be rebuilding the box promptly and installing a pump ASAP! I will send pictures to anyone interested in seeing this. I have been told by about 6 people that the winch wont fit a LHD truck, only to find it fits as though it was designed for it.