PDA

View Full Version : Front differential leaking

WilsBoar
11-01-2012, 12:28 PM

My 109 has RRC axles and I am about ready to dig into the differential to see what is the source of my leak/dripping.

All bolts have been tightened which seemed to make it leak more. The PO used some sort of silicone goop as a sealant...might be the problem. Is there a real gasket that is supposed to go in there? But I also have some play in the prop shaft going into the differential. Could be leaking from there as well. I assume there is a bearing and seal in there that might also need changed. Can i do this without a press or any special tool?

Thanks much in advance,

Derek

ThePhotographer
11-01-2012, 12:35 PM
This gasket? http://shop.roversnorth.com/Products.aspx?key=search&code=__ALLCATS__&searchval=RNC674

WilsBoar
11-01-2012, 01:30 PM
Thanks Zack.

Looks like FLANGE REPLACEMENT KIT - DIFFERENTIAL PINION - 4 BOLT FLANGE GENUINE Model #: RNH123 might solve the rest of my problems too.

Derek

ThePhotographer
11-01-2012, 02:34 PM
Quite possibly depending on where your leak is coming from exactly. Did you clean it vigorously and then wait to see where exactly it was leaking from?

WilsBoar
11-01-2012, 04:23 PM
No, not yet. I will take it apart this weekend to inspect it more closely. I suspected the flange only because there is so much play in it and it is also coated with gear oil. Could be blow-back too I guess.

phoenix
11-12-2012, 05:59 PM
front end.. you may have a leak from the engine bathing the diff and giving you false ideas of diff leak...