PDA

View Full Version : ABS, brake light problemos.

Slammin LWB
11-06-2012, 03:29 PM
So, I've got a 1993 LWB. I replaced two calipers, right rear and right front. On the right rear I had to replace the disc, wheel bearing, and ABS ring (old ring had seized in place). I did the rear w/ABS ring first, then went to do the front pads and noticed the front right caliper was seized. I drove the truck outside to sit for a bit (week or two) then got a caliper and did the job. Bled the brakes according to the Rovers North procedure.

Finally got the truck going and before I get 50 yards the ABS and traction control light come on. I diag that with the blink test and get a few codes. Clear them, drive again, and 2-7 (Continuous supply to ECU w/ignition off, faulty valve relay AB14 or wiring)keeps coming back. I replaced both relays, light still comes on, same code.

I've been driving like this for some time. Truck won't pass state inspection with the ABS light on, so I've got a 7/12 sticker. Recently the red brake light has started coming on, but would go off ~40mph. It's staying on longer now, if not indefinitely.

I'm stumped on both counts. I really need to get this thing inspected. I'm leaning towards replacing the ABS module for the 2-7 code. I just don't know what else to look into.

This red brake light, I thought it was for the parking brake. It's across from the ABS light. I'm assuming there is a sensor to let you know if the parking brake is left up?

Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

phoenix
11-12-2012, 05:53 PM
the red light means you have low brake pressure, low brake fluid or parking brake on... this fails state in va (im a state licensed inspector)... the amber abs and tc ligths are to be overlooked....
visit virginia state poilice wbsite and down load the actual manual we study in order to test for licensing... many unscrupolous and or nor fully knowledgeable inspectors out there.
get the rave.... landroverresource.com.... the best rover repair tool in your computer...