PDA

View Full Version : 2001 Discovery II LE RARE 106k miles $6000

berkshireross
12-12-2012, 08:05 AM
NO LONGER SALE

Hi all, happy to be here in the RN Forum. I am selling my 2001 Discovery II LE. This is a rare trim level and scarcely found with miles like this. The LE trim was offered only in 2001 during the DII run and features a unique Indiana Brown interior, which combines dark brown saddle leather seating and trim with lighter brown/khaki seat insets. The gear shift, transfer case knob, and steering wheel are all covered in stitched brown leather. Very sharp. The exterior is Epsom Green.
I have had the DII for about 3 years and have put about 50k miles on it. Bought it at a Rover dealer in PA when it had 64k and I have serviced it regularly during my ownership of it; it's been serviced by Cityside in Holliston, Mass., and at J. White's Auto in Framingham.
It is running very well and it is in extremely clean condition. New headliner professionally installed in July 2012 and the 16" smoke-colored Typhoon factory wheels are in fine shape. It is coming due for a significant service, including brakes fairly soon (next 6-8 months) and more significantly will need a head gasket repair job someday. I have been "keeping an eye on" this coolant leak since the day I drove it home from the dealer. Fairly slow leak but noteworthy still.
Does not have sunroofs or third row seating and also does not have CD changer currently or heated seats currently.

Thanks all ... great Rover, in very nice shape overall, and pretty rare for a DII. Happy holidays and peace all around!

Ross
Massachusetts USA
413-441-7601
rosstackley@yahoo.com