PDA

View Full Version : NAS110, #103

Terrys
12-12-2012, 04:40 PM
I Have owned this Land Rover longer than any I've had, and that numbers more than 30. I bought it in 2001 from the insurance company after it had an engine fire. The truck was rebuilt to new at that time. I replaced the 110 bulkhead with a new D90 bulkhead for two reasons; I hate the cheesy plastic dashes on the NAS 110s, and they didn't have scuttle vents. The truck had 60,000 miles on it at that time. At 83000 miles, I scratch built a new 4.2 and installed it with new clutch, pressure plate and throwout bearing. Engine is cooled by twin Flexi Lite fans, variable speed controller.
In 2009, I rebuilt the truck again, replacing all 5 doors, sills (T pieces) and rear body cappings. The original body cappings were painted steel, and they were pitched, in favor of new galvanized one. At this time, I repainted the truck Conniston Green, Alpine white roof. Cage is Conniston Green. I replaced the springs with new heavy duty springs. Tires (Dunlop 255x85x16). This rebuild alone was over $12000. In 2010, it was awarded Best Land Rover at British By The Sea.
The truck has an ARB front bar, with Warn 9000 winch; Mantec Snorkle, Hella 4000s on the bar and 550s on the roof rack. 5 NATO wheels. NRP ExhaustTires are excellent. Roof rack basket is off, but included. Front seats are Corbeaus. No jump seats. Even has the original tool kit mounted inside the rear door. The rear crossmember, fuel tank, cradle, and pump were replaced in 2011. New starter. Honestly, I've spent so much on this truck, but am drawing a blank.
The chassis has scale in spots but no rot. Rear Brake drums and pads done with the last 3k. Exhaust manifold to pipe gaskets need renewal
You come check it out. It is not your usual NAS110. If you want bone-stock, look elsewhere.I have lots of pictures but they seem to be on a dozen different computers. $40,000 Or Best Reasonable Offer. I'm not real thrilled about selling it, but I have a leg issue that makes it tough on anything but short jaunts. I'm not going to detail it; I'm not Car-Max. If you come tomorrow morning, you'll see it like it is and I won't be embarrassed.
Thanks for looking. Please email me, as I don't get in here as often as I used to. I don't mean to be rude, but I really don't have a lot of time to chat if you're not serious.Terry
espencer3@aol.com

Forgot to mention. There is NO AC in the truck(but I do have a D90 AC setup you can have). All 8 door hinges are new

ThePhotographer
12-12-2012, 05:37 PM
GREAT truck! I needn't even say it, but GLWS.

Winemark
12-12-2012, 09:50 PM
I saw this truck when I bought my '65 Series from Terry and I only wish I had the $$ to spend on this unbelievably beautiful truck. Terry, best of luck with the sale

Terrys
12-13-2012, 05:30 AM
Thanks Mark. West Coast treating you OK, I Hope.
I sold my '73 this summer and just bought two '71 88s, so I'm not getting out of Landies anytime soon.

Terrys
12-13-2012, 08:06 AM
Forgot to mention, the truck has a Blaupunkt radio in the console with a 10 CD changer in the cubby box. Also has auxiliary gauges, voltmeter, clock, and oil pressure, in the correct Land Rover bezel.

rwollschlager
12-22-2012, 12:15 AM
$40,000 Or Best Reasonable Offer.

Terry,
there are poor condition NAS 90's on ebay that fetch that price, this truck is a steal! Best of luck with the sale, I'll have to give you a call this week.
-Rob

Terrys
12-22-2012, 06:17 AM
Thanks Rob. You really know how to make a guy feel good. It wasn't an easy decision to sell this one, but it was sitting in garage more than it ought to have. I'm not so sure there's a lot of cash out there, but I had a few solid offers. In fact, it's going to an enthusiast (he's expected within the hour) for a little less than an offer I had from a dealer.

Terrys
12-22-2012, 10:55 AM
Truck is sold. Thanks to all who inquired. I wish I had one for each of you.