PDA

View Full Version : 1967 S2a Dash Layout

Papa Romeo
12-26-2012, 05:42 PM
Hello everyone,
My Christmas break wouldn't be complete without a few LR projects!

I've attached a picture of my dash panel. I've looked at many diagrams and pictures but haven't found one exactly like this. I can't identify the function of the black knob on the left side. At first, I thought it was my dome light switch- but after replacing the old bulb, it still doesn't come on when I pull the knob out. Then, I thought it might activate the 12v accessory plug above it, but I've seen pictures on the web of the same accessory sockets with no knob.

Any thoughts before I pull the dash apart and start tracing wires?

Thanks,
PR

Manny
12-26-2012, 06:46 PM
I have one exactly like that on my SIII dash, and it's for an electronic fuel pump.

roverjohn
12-26-2012, 07:02 PM
My old 1965 IIA 88" had the same knob and it was to turn the lights on for the instrument cluster(s). The Rover seemed to be all original but I can't be for certain that someone did not rewire it. Good luck!!!

Papa Romeo
12-26-2012, 07:45 PM
The knob on the right turns on the instrument lights. I had not considered an electronic fuel pump.

leafsprung
12-26-2012, 08:06 PM
left knob is normally a station wagon feature or deluxe optioned interior - it should operate the dome lamp - In terms of correctness - your dash screws are incorrect and your indicator lamps are mixed up and the bezel around the ign/lighting switch should be painted instead of bare brass - looks nice though

Papa Romeo
12-26-2012, 09:48 PM
Great- thanks! I probably won't get to swapping screws or painting bezels any time soon, but now at least I know to troubleshoot the dome light.

I Leak Oil
12-27-2012, 07:40 AM
Looks clean that's for sure!
Your dome light issue is probably a ground issue. It's a very simple circuit though and is easy to trouble shoot.

Revtor
12-29-2012, 11:41 AM
Wipers?