PDA

View Full Version : manifold torque.

Alk-3
12-27-2012, 01:10 PM
Hey Guys. Can someone give me the torque values for the manifold to head fasteners? I've looked in the green bible, and as far as i can tell it only refers to the exhaust to intake manifold values.
I'll keep looking, but I'm at the stage where i need to bolt this stuff back together before i can continue.

busboy
12-27-2012, 02:25 PM
I have two items "manifold to cylinder head nuts 17ftlbs" and " Inlet manifold to exhaust manifold nuts 17ftlbs", which makes sense as they are the same thread and diameter.

Alk-3
12-27-2012, 02:41 PM
Thank you!

Revtor
12-29-2012, 11:39 AM
If you didn't already know, the center two bottom bolts and their spacer/feet thingys have to get threaded into the head before you hold the manifold up in place. I didn't do this and ended up having to take everything off to get them in.

Once the manifold is loosely in place with 2 or three bolts, you may want to attach the down pipe. This will give you some more wiggle room in attaching those bolts. Mine was tough to get to line up and might have been easier if I could have shimmied the manifold about as I was fixing the down pipe.

have fun!
~Steve