PDA

View Full Version : What is the brake line layout on a NAS SWB SIII?

SWBSIIIUK
01-03-2013, 03:09 PM
HI guys,

there is lots of great information on the forum regarding upgrading to dual power brakes and Terri-Anne's site is (as always) a wealth of information.

However, I'm about to plumb in my new cupro-nickel (Kunifer) brake pipes and brass unions and I have some specific questions about the brake lines.

I don't want to install a PWDA/Shuttle Valve as they can cause a great number of problems and I like to keep things simple. I understand that the NAS Series III had a dual circuit, servo-assisted brake system but it did without the shuttle valve.

I believe that the layout would look like the picture I have ever-so-skillfully (!) annotated below. Basically I have joined the front Master-cylinder pipe to a three-way union to feed the front axle and I have shown a single pipe joining the rear Master-cyliner pipe directly to the rear flexi-hose. Does anyone know where I can find a picture of the brake line layout on these NAS vehicles so I can confirm my understanding? I'd like the layout to be stock if possible.

Many thanks indeed.

jac04
01-03-2013, 03:39 PM
What you show is almost exactly what I did when I got rid of the shuttle valve on my SIII Lightweight. Only thing different is that I used a 3-way junction (with one port blocked) to connect to the rear brake pipe.

Not sure if you can see the lines in this picture:

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j126/jac04/100_2509.jpg

SWBSIIIUK
01-06-2013, 02:02 PM
Thank you very much.

I've read through your rebuild thread in the past and was thoroughly impressed.