PDA

View Full Version : Leaking interior

jonnyrover
05-30-2007, 11:52 AM
Can anyone, anyone at all enlighten me as to how the heck my 96 disco continues to be more wet in the bed during a storm than outside? I have checked the weather stripping around the back door and it seems to have a good seal. Thats not where the water runs anyway, though. In the rain I will look back and low and behold there is water that has leaked in and is running over my rear speakers. The one on the sides that is. Any clues? The previous owner never bothered to notice the problem... (soccer mom :sly:) and now rust has set in. I don't want it to continue!!! Anyone else have this problem? Just let me know world!!!!!!!!:eek:

Mikes_97_Disco
02-19-2008, 07:15 PM
Do you have the sun roof's? If you do you need to start there. I found that the last heavy rain I had left the cargo bay wet, and also wet the headliner and ran foward to the driver seat due to my truck being parked on a bit of a slope. I hope that by this time you have found and fixed the problem but if not I hope this helps.

Mike
1997 Disco

sven
02-19-2008, 09:37 PM
Maybe this link will help out: http://freespace.virgin.net/mark.hopkins2/WaterIngress.htm

alligatorfoot
02-27-2008, 08:33 PM
Just as a frame of reference, a similar thing happened to me on the front passenger seat floor and it ended up being a blocked a/c drain hole. If you have rear air that could also be the cause although the incident of it happening after it rains points to a leaky cargo door seal or sunroof seal.