PDA

View Full Version : seeking IIa/III 109", $10K or less, NE U.S.

archaeologistjen
05-31-2007, 03:01 PM
This is not my request, but is for an acquaintance of my husband... Lord knows we have enough Rovers already... ;)

The interested party is looking for a Series IIa or III 109", preferably a 2 door, canvas top, $10k or less, located in the N.E. U.S. (well, anywhere from Virginia up to Maine). Obviously for this price range it doesn't have to be a pristine specimen, but something that isn't rusted to bits, has a solid frame and runs is a necessity. This request is for a first-time LR owner.

Thus far I've been cruising these forums, some local LR club sites, ebay, LRX, and a few other sites, and it's looking slim. Tons of 88s though. Any leads would be appreciated. Thanks!

Jennifer

archaeologistjen
05-31-2007, 05:03 PM
An update: the search has been extended to include 88s (soft tops or hard tops) as well. This will make it easier. Thanks again for any info.

Les Parker
06-01-2007, 11:43 AM
Hello there,

How about a Series III Air Portable?
I have one of those for sale.:)

archaeologistjen
06-01-2007, 03:58 PM
Sure, I'd be happy to pass along the info.

My husband has wanted one of those for a long time...

kevin-ct
06-12-2007, 06:53 PM
Jennifer, I have a Series III 109 four door right hand drive for sale in lower CT..
It has no rust and has a full roof rack installed..

Let me know if your husband want to look at it.

I have pic's of it,just let me know. Please e-mail me. I dont get to these BBS very often.

Kevin

kevinmurphy995@comcast.net

mkormov
06-14-2007, 06:52 AM
http://www.lrrforums.com/showthread.php?t=3135

archaeologistjen
06-16-2007, 12:26 PM
It looks like our acquaintance has found a Series III that they're happy with and are planning to purchase, but I appreciate all the leads!