PDA

View Full Version : Lubricating heater motor without removing dash

jcmandia
02-04-2013, 11:20 AM
Does anyone know if there is a way to lubricate the heater motor on a 1994 Range Rover Classic without removing the entire dash.

o2batsea
02-05-2013, 10:20 AM
Nope. Even then you can't get to the motor. This is on my to do list as well. I plan to cut a section out of the box so i can get to the motor, then gorilla tape it back.

jcmandia
02-05-2013, 01:04 PM
If the left center upper vent (round one on top of dash) is removed it appears that the heater motor can be seen. I believe I can touch the Fresh/recirculation air door servo and Fresh/recirculation air door control valve. Do you think a section can be drilled at that location to spray in lubrication. Do you know of any problems created by breaching the motor box

o2batsea
02-05-2013, 02:52 PM
Well that's one approach. I had not considered that but it's actually a tad easier removing the dash top than going in "face first". Easier that is like doing a hundred belly crunches v. a hundred chin ups, or something like that. You take off the instrument binnacle and undo all the bazillion odd black screws and it pulls out revealing the heater box. Getting the window rubber back where it belongs on reinstall is a bit of a nasty.