PDA

View Full Version : 1978 Series 3 109

Roverlover5023
02-07-2013, 05:41 PM
Very Rare and unique 1978 Land Rover Series 3 109 inch wheel base 12 seater long wheel base truck in classic Hunter Green over Black. The working odometer shows 96,847 miles since new.*I am the third owner of this Spec truck. Previous owner*was meticulous.*Truck starts on cue, drives quite well on the road or off.*This is a salisbury rear axle 3/4 ton utility 4x4. Right hand drive, four speed, with hoop set and canvas top. This is a survivor, not a barn find or a restoration. It has seen regular use for most of its life and has received normal maintenance and repairs as needed. Body has almost no damage and painting *was done by a body shop. Chassis is in good shape from front to rear, but will require an outrigger. Rear cross member is new. Chassis was prep and painted with rust stop. Wiring is complete and in working order. All brake, headlights, turn signals, wiper blades, etc..are working. Series 3 transmission, synchronized. New front and rear Rocky Mountain parabolic springs with old man emu shocks. Has a perfect stance with no leaning. 16 inch land rover series wheels on new 7.50-16/112L Extra Traction Deestone tires.*Interior is in excellent shape and has nice black series seats (no rips, tears or stains) and *cargo area seems to be in good shape for its age. Does have a small tear on the top dash close to the window. The canvas will need to be addressed. The sides are all fine but will need to have some of the minor holes patched up. This truck does not have the front locking hubs. Hi and low gear work as it should. All vents work as well. Steering is easy to move while driving around town. I added an high psi electric fuel pump.New style oil spin off and new rear exhaust system. The 2.25 engine is great on gas and very simple to repair with just typical tools. There is a double pulley system on the crank, alternator and water pump. System currently has 2 belts driving the engine incase one snaps the engine will still continue running.**I purchased it with every intentionto keep because i have a tdi 5 speed conversion i was going to complete but would prefer a 5 door and girlfriend hates it and she is not getting used to it. I have already spent an additional $1500 on minor repairs to make sure it is safe and road worthy. I am trying to describe this as best as i can. Keep *in mind this is a 35 year old truck. So it is NOT perfect. I drive it and i cannot tell you the amount of thumbs up that i get from young and old alike.*This truck gets looks and attention everywhere it goes. It looks great, run great, and is very unique. You don't usually find these trucks anymore in this great shape. This is my third Land Rover Series and im sure it wont be my last but i will miss this particular one. As new vehicles are depreciating, these gain it by every minute. Asking price 8500 obo..thanks for looking.

rickv100
02-08-2013, 08:07 AM
Location and photos?

Roverlover5023
02-08-2013, 12:46 PM
Truck is located in tampa, fl. please forward your email and i will to you. Having some issue uploading pics..I will try later..

Roverlover5023
02-09-2013, 08:12 AM
http://s1205.beta.photobucket.com/user/roverlover5023/library/