PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a couple door frames

Partsman
02-23-2013, 09:20 PM
I'm looking for a couple door frames for cheap(read that as free) to make a couple of summer doors. I remember from my first Land Rover, how hot these things can get in the summer. I'm hoping to find them somewhere in or near Massachusetts. PM me if you have some, they don't have to be in great condition, just servicable, I can weld and do have so stock on hand.

JackIIA
02-24-2013, 11:01 AM
No extra doors, but that is one neat mod.

Partsman
02-24-2013, 01:44 PM
Yeah it is, I really like it, and think it would be great for the summer time. Kind of a compromise between taking the doors off to stay cool, and safety.

Partsman
02-27-2013, 11:09 PM
Bump...still looking

siii8873
02-28-2013, 06:18 AM
I have that set in waiting. I'll ship if you want, would expect it to be about $30

Partsman
02-28-2013, 06:33 AM
Nah, that's alright Bob, doesn't look like there's anything down this way, just let me know when you come back down my neck of the woods, and I'll meet you, we can have a beer or two. Shipping is too much trouble for what amounts to a "filler" project in the grand scheme of Land Rover projects. I just had to see if there was anything closer. I can wait.
Harvey

siii8873
02-28-2013, 01:52 PM
I'll let you know via email, expect it to be a week from Sunday.

busboy
02-28-2013, 02:41 PM
As you don't have to worry about the door sealing tight why not just fabricate some frames from square tube, that's what I plan to do, by the way love those doors.

Partsman
02-28-2013, 07:21 PM
As you don't have to worry about the door sealing tight why not just fabricate some frames from square tube, that's what I plan to do, by the way love those doors.

I like them too, they should work great for summer heat. That would have been fine if I could bend it, but I don't have a way to bent the square tube, so why reinvent the wheel...er...door?

I'll let you know via email, expect it to be a week from Sunday.

That should be good, I'm working this Sunday, but should be off on the next. I'll wait for your email with the address.

busboy
02-28-2013, 07:42 PM
I plan to make cuts in the .100 wall square tube but not through the front face then bend after each cut until I get the correct profile then just weld the cuts, 4 or 5 cuts might do each upright.

Partsman
02-28-2013, 09:52 PM
If you do this, make a nice how-to with lots of photos, I can see this mod getting popular if there's an easy way to fab it up.

busboy
03-01-2013, 02:03 PM
If you do this, make a nice how-to with lots of photos, I can see this mod getting popular if there's an easy way to fab it up.
I can do that, once my back gets good enough to actually touch my toes again. lol. Monday not a good day. ouch.