PDA

View Full Version : Jalopnik Rover Picture for your enjoyment

Bostonian1976
02-26-2013, 04:11 PM
Imagine taking a corner in this thing :sly:

http://jalopnik.com/this-is-another-awesome-way-to-use-a-land-rover-447871413

SafeAirOne
02-26-2013, 04:21 PM
Wow. They sure don't make soft-top hoops like they used to! ;)

busboy
02-26-2013, 04:24 PM
Imagine taking a corner in this thing :sly:

http://jalopnik.com/this-is-another-awesome-way-to-use-a-land-rover-447871413
That is quite inventive but.. there's more steel involved in that contraption than it would have taken to build a trailer to tow behind and carry the race car. lol.

Bostonian1976
02-26-2013, 04:35 PM
Mark it's a Series 1 - that's why. The soft top hoops were pure iron :)

TeriAnn
02-27-2013, 08:21 AM
I looked at that and felt it was designed by someone who was about a six pack past drunk. The centre of gravity must be around the LR's door tops. And the side sway on those leaf springs. Geeez.

I'm pretty sure that there were trailer hitches for the Series I. I keep waiting for the Monty Python theme music to cut in.

busboy
02-27-2013, 01:25 PM
I looked at that and felt it was designed by someone who was about a six pack past drunk. The centre of gravity must be around the LR's door tops. And the side sway on those leaf springs. Geeez.

I'm pretty sure that there were trailer hitches for the Series I. I keep waiting for the Monty Python theme music to cut in.

LOL. If those people had the skill to build the race car and the contraption to carry it they could have surely added a hitch to the rear of the Landrover, although who knows how much road tax they would have to pay on the trailer, perhaps this was the way around the road tax?

LaneRover
03-01-2013, 03:47 PM
Maybe there were different speed limits for a vehicle with or without a trailer - not that a Series 1 with a race car on the roof would have to worry about that . . .

Or . . . maybe their garage was on the 2nd story of a London lock-up.

busboy
03-01-2013, 04:11 PM
Maybe there were different speed limits for a vehicle with or without a trailer - not that a Series 1 with a race car on the roof would have to worry about that . . .

Or . . . maybe their garage was on the 2nd story of a London lock-up.

As Landrovers are already "speed limited" the only other explanation is as you say "the garage must have been on the second floor.":D

taffhill
03-02-2013, 11:06 AM
LOL. If those people had the skill to build the race car and the contraption to carry it they could have surely added a hitch to the rear of the Landrover, although who knows how much road tax they would have to pay on the trailer, perhaps this was the way around the road tax?

you don't pay road tax on trailers in Britain, but the number plate on the trailer has to be the same as the vehicle towing it.

busboy
03-02-2013, 01:16 PM
you don't pay road tax on trailers in Britain, but the number plate on the trailer has to be the same as the vehicle towing it.

I remember the license plates being the same as the TV but what do you do if you want to tow the trailer with more than one vehicle?

taffhill
03-02-2013, 01:50 PM
I remember the license plates being the same as the TV but what do you do if you want to tow the trailer with more than one vehicle?

you bolt on a different plate.