PDA

View Full Version : 64 SIIA 109

jfmcguir
03-06-2013, 08:15 PM
having trouble priming the fuel pump. removed the pump, cleaned it and it appears to be operating correctly. fuel is reaching the inlet port on the pump, but not reaching the sediment bowl. Any tricks to priming the pump? Or suggestions.

superstator
03-06-2013, 09:38 PM
Dumb question, but are you working the priming lever hard enough? It can have enough play to fake you out for a while.

I Leak Oil
03-07-2013, 11:20 AM
Only other thing I would suggest is to take it apart and inspect he check valves and diaphram. Perhaps the stem that acuates the diaphram is worn not allowing for enough travel. There really isn't much to them.

SafeAirOne
03-07-2013, 12:19 PM
Don't forget the old "engine stopped with the fuel pump cam lobe in the actuated position under the pump's follower arm" routine if you're doing it by hand instead of just cranking the engine (I doubt you are, but I thought I'd add that just in case).

cedryck
03-12-2013, 01:22 PM
If your fuel pump is buggered, and not sealing, no pressure in otherwords you can prime it till the cows come home, there will be no fuel, try filling the bowl, then try to prime, or,,
replace it with a known good one and see if it primes,

busboy
03-12-2013, 05:29 PM
Make sure the inlet line is tight, it's easier to suck air than it is to suck fuel.