PDA

View Full Version : British by the sea

yoc
03-24-2013, 08:29 AM
Received pre-registration form for event. Sunday 2, June 2013

ThePhotographer
03-24-2013, 08:31 AM
Hopefully I can actually make it down this year... we'll see.

REDrum
03-24-2013, 05:19 PM
Definitely can make it this year. Now, which Landy... Series I, Series III or RRC....?

SafeAirOne
03-24-2013, 06:40 PM
Definitely can make it this year. Now, which Landy... Series I, Series III or RRC....?

I'd go with the SI.

jac04
03-24-2013, 07:05 PM
I'd go with the SI.

Definitely.

cedryck
03-25-2013, 10:01 AM
Anyone planning on camping out this year again? I think previous years they stayed some where near rocky neck if not mistaken. Would be a good spot to camp and swap stories and beer.

Flanker525
03-26-2013, 11:59 AM
Any objections to me coming by again this year? (I'd probably be looking to camp out as well :cool: )

rwollschlager
03-26-2013, 04:38 PM
Anyone planning on camping out this year again? I think previous years they stayed some where near rocky neck if not mistaken. Would be a good spot to camp and swap stories and beer.

Aaron and I will be there again. We show up friday, off road saturday, and go to the show all muddy on sunday. Anyone and everyone is more than welcome to join. The campsites we book are at the Egret site in the Rocky Neck State park. The trails I lead on saturday are non-damaging but entertaining, I've been on all of them in a stock 109 on street tires. Depending on the group that shows up we can head for some more challenging stuff if interested.
Here is a video of the weekend last year: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43eM9zeegdU&list=UUlF9KjsDKYcG6XdaktJn3mA&index=4

hope to see some of you guys there!
-Rob

busboy
03-26-2013, 07:30 PM
Aaron and I will be there again. We show up friday, off road saturday, and go to the show all muddy on sunday. Anyone and everyone is more than welcome to join. The campsites we book are at the Egret site in the Rocky Neck State park. The trails I lead on saturday are non-damaging but entertaining, I've been on all of them in a stock 109 on street tires. Depending on the group that shows up we can head for some more challenging stuff if interested.
Here is a video of the weekend last year: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43eM9zeegdU&list=UUlF9KjsDKYcG6XdaktJn3mA&index=4

hope to see some of you guys there!-Rob

Thanks for the video link, very cool show and those cars bring back a lot of memories. We have an "all British Field meet" in Alberta every year that alternates between Edmonton and Calgary, Edmonton this year.

JimCT
03-26-2013, 09:27 PM
Should make the trail ride this year and definitely the show. See you all there. Jim

hope to see some of you guys there!
-Rob

siii8873
03-27-2013, 03:27 PM
May try to make it to some of these events this year. Must be a web site with specifics on dates times, ect. Do you need to preregister, what's that about?

yoc
03-27-2013, 07:37 PM
Google ct mg club

taffhill
03-27-2013, 08:01 PM
just googled it and on the info link it says they are celebrating the 1000th year of Aston Martin......

bit of a typo there, hehe.

all in good fun

siii8873
03-28-2013, 03:03 PM
OK, looked at the site but still have questions. If I'm going just to look at the cars and visit w/ other rover folks what do you register for?. I will likely be driving a S1 with a few different shades of red on it and not looking to enter it in any contest.

jac04
03-29-2013, 09:07 AM
OK, looked at the site but still have questions. If I'm going just to look at the cars and visit w/ other rover folks what do you register for?. I will likely be driving a S1 with a few different shades of red on it and not looking to enter it in any contest.
You register so you can park with all the Land Rovers. Oh, and so the event organizers get your money. You don't need to pre-register, you can register at the gate.

siii8873
03-29-2013, 02:12 PM
thanks Jeff. I like that better in case something goes amiss and can't make it.

ThePhotographer
04-24-2013, 08:53 AM
When are people going down there? I'd like to add it to the Club Event Calendar, as well as my personal calendar if I'm able to make it.

siii8873
04-24-2013, 07:37 PM
any recommended hotels in the area?

cedryck
05-06-2013, 09:39 AM
There must be some shady places to stay near Rocky Neck State park,,,,

rwollschlager
05-07-2013, 04:04 PM
I will not be able to attend the weekend this year, as I will be on Sapelo Island, GA taking a summer biology course (rough life, i know...)
BUT
My dad will be going, he will be camping out at Rocky Neck and will be driving our newly refurbished Stage 1 if all goes as planned. He's staying in Egret 10, so book sites around there! You all better take pictures!
-Rob

also, in regards to the hotel, I have no experience of any one in the area personally, there is a motel right across the street from the campsite the Rocky Neck Inn and Suites: http://www.rockyneckinn-niantic.com
The campground does have power hook up, beach access, and hot showers...

Flanker525
05-26-2013, 09:59 PM
I will not be able to attend the weekend this year, as I will be on Sapelo Island, GA taking a summer biology course (rough life, i know...)
BUT
My dad will be going, he will be camping out at Rocky Neck and will be driving our newly refurbished Stage 1 if all goes as planned. He's staying in Egret 10, so book sites around there! You all better take pictures!
-Rob

Presumably will he be leading the trail drive?

73series88
05-27-2013, 08:31 AM
booked egret 12
liam and i will be there friday afternoon
not sure what the plan for saturday is.
i dont know the trails well to lead.
see ya
aaron

rwollschlager
05-27-2013, 11:38 PM
Presumably will he be leading the trail drive?

that is in the air, unfortunately no one seems to know the trails, but I may have a friend who can, who recently reacquired his discovery. I will talk with Aaron some more about this, I can make a detailed map for anyone willing to lead in case my friend cannot do it.

My dad will be in Egret 10, and hopefully he will be driving our newly refurbished stage 1.

to all going, take lots of pictures! I will be present next year.

-Rob

Flanker525
05-30-2013, 07:54 PM
Sorry guys, last minute schedule change is going to keep me from going this year :(

73series88
05-31-2013, 05:18 PM
Ok
Anyone wanting to off road tommarow were going to
Be at the crystal mall at 1000.
Then beer more beer
Cooked meats ect.
Come on. Down
We're leaving rocky neck at 0930'
Aaron

rwollschlager
05-31-2013, 07:41 PM
anyone interested in meeting up with the group for trails, meet at the Crystal Mall in Waterford CT at 10:00 am, Aaron's number is eight six zero 884 zero two 73

As for my dad, the stage 1 is super duper close to completion but my dad told Forrest not to rush so i'm not sure it will be present. but here are some teaser pics:

I'm currently in the Summerland Key of FL, chasing iguanas in my free time and doing other sciency stuff for school the rest of the (coastal and estuarine ecology specifically)
to all going, takes lots of pics and sorry I can't make it.

-Rob