PDA

View Full Version : Stupid confession

artpeck
04-06-2013, 10:28 PM
In the spirit of helping others who bullheadedly ignore the signs and do something stupid....
Zenith Carb sat for 20 years without running. I finally opened it up, cleaned it. Etc. The large gasket from the kit didn't look like the one I took off. So I cut it to look like mine. Not once but twice since nothing I did would make it run even ok. Today genius figures out the zenith splits into 3 parts, not 2. And the gasket actually fits when the top two sections were split. So, 4 gaskets in I get it right. This might not make sense if you haven't been through this. If you have, you aren't alone.

Oh and has anyone has that nut or clip or washer that you drop and it magically disappears between dropping it and the ground?

jonnyc
04-07-2013, 03:22 PM
I had more Zenith headaches than I could stand, so I went the Rochester route. Fewer little fiddley bits, and kits and parts are pretty easy to find.

disco2hse
04-07-2013, 03:43 PM
Oh and has anyone has that nut or clip or washer that you drop and it magically disappears between dropping it and the ground?

Nope. Never. It's just you;)

rwollschlager
04-07-2013, 03:47 PM

not to bring religion into this, but I have often heard this clip referred to as the ''jesus clip" as in "oh jesus tap dancing christ where the f*** did that go!?"

disco2hse
04-07-2013, 03:57 PM
not to bring religion into this, but I have often heard this clip referred to as the ''jesus clip" as in "oh jesus tap dancing christ where the f*** did that go!?"

not to bring politics into this, but I hear tell they can disappear like politicians' promises.