PDA

View Full Version : 109 Rear Fuel Tank Dimensions - Correct?

amcordo
04-10-2013, 02:48 PM

OK, so here are the drawings I've come up with for the 109 tank I want built. I do have a slight problem though: I'm going off drawings I hastily made a while back, and I think I had to make up a few dimensions.

Any chance someone has a 109 tank nearby and that they could check over the accuracy of my measurements? I'm most worried about the mounting holes.

Tony

o2batsea
04-10-2013, 09:45 PM
Looks right. One thing ill add is that later tanks have an opening on the rear support flap that allows you to access the bolts for the hitch. Without that feature attaching a hitch is a major hassle if you don't do it before installing the tank.

amcordo
04-11-2013, 07:23 AM
I was wondering what that opening was for - so of course I just plastered over it. Thank you for pointing that out!

For me, not a big deal - I would attach the hitch and leave it on at the beginning.

daveb
05-29-2013, 11:22 AM
Have you had this made up yet? Gotten any quotes for the work? I'm looking for a 109 rear tank too. Never liked the original design very much.

Thanks,
Dave in DC

amcordo
05-29-2013, 02:10 PM
Haven't yet (it's on the long list of stuff to do). If you redesign it and/or have it made put me down for one - I'm certainly no stickler for original and I'll need to order it eventually so now is good enough.

As to the accuracy of this: I think all of the holes will line up properly. However, if you've got your old leaky one still please take a moment to verify my measurements before you do anything. This was me translating an oily paper I scratched it all down on two years ago.

Also, if you want larger PDFs of the sides for all of the measurements let me know. I PMd you.