PDA

View Full Version : New '65 IIA

kwells
04-13-2013, 04:27 PM
Just acquired this cherry '65 and brought her back to the long island NY area. My first Rover. Truck was exactly what i was looking for, a true survivor with ZERO rust. I remember drooling over a yellow one with a chevy small block and scout axles in petersons or 4wheel magazine as a kid (by the way if anyone has this article or knows where to find it PLEASE let me know). Plans are to do some small mechanicals, take the top off and cruise this summer, then come winter will do a full nut and bolt frame off resto. Also I need a series mechanic in the long island or NY area. -Kevin

busboy
04-13-2013, 04:53 PM
Nice find, it really does look in good shape.

SafeAirOne
04-13-2013, 08:15 PM
It won't take long to find a series Rover mechanic in your immediate vicinity--Just take a stroll over to the bathroom and have a look in the mirror.

You'll see what I mean after 6 months ownership. Welcome to the Series rover mechanic's (and occasional driver's) club!

;)

PS: Good looking 88!

Revtor
04-13-2013, 08:53 PM
from the pic it does look to be a good find.. There are a few Long Island series owners here and over at the guns and rovers forum. give a call for help, provide a cooler of beer and you'll have the rover mechanics at your garage!

~Steve

kwells
04-14-2013, 01:08 AM
hahaa I wish I could do the work! I live on the south shore of long island on the water and had severe flood damage and my garage is out of commission for the next few months. I need some one to do a quick clutch and brake work...

It won't take long to find a series Rover mechanic in your immediate vicinity--Just take a stroll over to the bathroom and have a look in the mirror.

You'll see what I mean after 6 months ownership. Welcome to the Series rover mechanic's (and occasional driver's) club!

;)

PS: Good looking 88!

Jim-ME
04-14-2013, 05:27 AM
Try Classic 4X4 in Fairfield CT. Not sure of the distance from you but they know and appreciate old Rovers.
Jim

jac04
04-14-2013, 07:55 AM
That's a great looking vehicle! If I wasn't knee-deep into my latest project, I'd tell you to drop it off at my place and come pick it up when it's done.

If it really is rust free, I suggest a mechanical restoration and have the chassis galvanized, leaving the bodywork as-is. You'll get the most enjoyment out of it and not be worried about scratching the paint.

Billy5
04-14-2013, 09:19 AM
Welcome to the club, where on Long Island? I live out in Greenport. Rovertek in Huntington works on series. But theres a shop by me that loves working on old vehicles. I would also get some cardboard or a tarp under it before you ruin that nice driveway..lol. wmfmcneil@gmail.com I will try to help best I can.

kwells
04-14-2013, 10:07 AM
That's a great looking vehicle! If I wasn't knee-deep into my latest project, I'd tell you to drop it off at my place and come pick it up when it's done.

If it really is rust free, I suggest a mechanical restoration and have the chassis galvanized, leaving the bodywork as-is. You'll get the most enjoyment out of it and not be worried about scratching the paint.

Ill enjoy scratching the fresh paint even more haha I have no desire to "restore" it to original specs so to speak, but to make it how I want.

kwells
04-14-2013, 10:08 AM
Welcome to the club, where on Long Island? I live out in Greenport. Rovertek in Huntington works on series. But theres a shop by me that loves working on old vehicles. I would also get some cardboard or a tarp under it before you ruin that nice driveway..lol. wmfmcneil@gmail.com I will try to help best I can.

Thank you good sir! huntington is perfect And she already puked a little on the driveway, its like a new puppy haha you dont really mind so much when you first get them

cedryck
04-16-2013, 09:59 AM
Welcome to Rover ownership. Have a credit card ready, and join forces with the great Rover North parts selection, you will need it. Also,
buy the green bibles it's good reading, and helpful in most cases,