PDA

View Full Version : Looking for mechanic in SE Virginia

Escargo
04-15-2013, 07:41 AM
I'm so sick of my leaky transmission. And this is not something I feel qualified or equipped to do. I can't even figure out exactly where it's leaking. It seems that it leaks alot just after running and then the leak slows when just sitting. Seems to be coming somewhere from the top of the tranny(?) Another question: Can these things actually be cured?
Hans

stomper
04-15-2013, 07:49 AM
Shift selector rod seals. There is a trick to use rubber fuel line as a seal over the rods which some people say slows the leak down to almost nothing.

o2batsea
04-15-2013, 08:50 AM
A piece of flat card board from Costco thrown under the truck will keep the garage/driveway clear of Rover incontinence. The cost/benefit analysis of replacing a few seals is not in your favor. The usual course of action is to keep putting gear oil in it as needed and not worry about it.
Fortunately you are in a pretty good area for Series Rover expertise. Robert Davis is one of your neighbors. He's not exactly a professional mechanic, but he has forgotten more about Rovers than i will ever learn. He's in Chesapeake.