PDA

View Full Version : Speedi sleeve issues

will11230
04-19-2013, 05:52 PM
I put a speedi sleeve on my 2.25 front crank pulley and it leaks worse. Sleeve is in the correct place and the correct diameter. I didn't use anything to seal it but thought it was tight enough to seal by itself. Any tips would be appreciated.

o2batsea
04-19-2013, 06:33 PM
Assuming that you also installed a new front crank seal, speedi sleeves may not cure a leak if the oil can sneak under it. Best bet is to find a new pulley.

JimCT
04-19-2013, 08:05 PM
Assuming that you also installed a new front crank seal, speedi sleeves may not cure a leak if the oil can sneak under it. Best bet is to find a new pulley.

you do not need a new pulley you just need to put sealant on the speedi sleeve. metal to metal is never going to me an oil tight seal

I Leak Oil
04-19-2013, 08:50 PM
I've never had luck on the crank pulley, even with sealants. New seal and pulley was the best solution for me.

SafeAirOne
04-19-2013, 09:16 PM
I've never had luck on the crank pulley, even with sealants. New seal and pulley was the best solution for me.

What prevents all the center chassis crossmembers from rusting out if you use this method?

[EDIT:] Nevermind--there's still the rear main seal.

;)

I Leak Oil
04-20-2013, 07:22 AM
What prevents all the center chassis crossmembers from rusting out if you use this method?

[EDIT:] Nevermind--there's still the rear main seal.

;)

Well if you're industrious enough like me, you simply take your used 90 wt or motor oil(or a blend to be authentic), put it in a garden sprayer and use it to mimick the leaks as if you were doing 50 mph on the interstate. Kill two birds with one stone because then it drips all over you driveway like it would in nature. (Except you probably can't tell by now with your driveway).

westcoastkevin
04-23-2013, 08:36 AM
Yeah, you should use sealant under the sleeve and wiped off the excess. I like the black oil resistant hi-temp stuff myself.

Skeeball
04-27-2013, 02:15 PM
anyone have the correct skf speedi sleeve part number for the 2.25 ?

Donnie
05-02-2013, 08:42 PM
Clean the pulley & the sleeve with brake clean, add Loctite, press on sleeve...DONE !.........donnie