PDA

View Full Version : 1971 Series IIA Bugeye Parting Out

abraded
06-04-2007, 08:43 AM
Hi,
I have some remains of a '71. I'm keeping the dash and most of the body panels that are any good. The frame is pretty gone at this point, but there are some odds and ends left over if anyone needs the random seat track, transmission, radiator(don't know how solid it is, but it seems OK), transfer case, etc. The engine is seized, haven't bothered to look at getting it to spin. The truck is down in Putney, VT and I bounce between there are Burlington, VT regularly. PM me if I can help you out.

Update as of 9/11/07, pretty much everything on this is gone. The scraps are heading to the metal recycler. Thanks.

Terrys
06-04-2007, 03:36 PM
Not to be critical, but the Bugeye model, transition between the early 2A with headlights in the breakfast and late 2A, headlights in the wings, was introduced in late 1968 and dissapeared by the fall 1969, when the headlights became recessed.

daveb
06-05-2007, 09:23 AM
good point. although as we all know, parts often get swapped about, and titles and model year information also get screwed up by DMV folks. My 1960 109 is titled as a 1969, never bothered to go to the pains of getting it fixed. It really doesn't matter for the most part.

But it does beg the question...

PICTURES!

(ok that was more of a demand than a question)

--dave

Not to be critical, but the Bugeye model, transition between the early 2A with headlights in the breakfast and late 2A, headlights in the wings, was introduced in late 1968 and dissapeared by the fall 1969, when the headlights became recessed.

ducttape
06-16-2007, 08:33 PM
Hi, Center seat available? Thx, David

scott
06-16-2007, 10:57 PM
what kind of fuel filler tube 3 pins inside? if so what would you want for it?