PDA

View Full Version : Mirror Mounts & Heaters

CKubinec
04-24-2013, 06:36 PM
It was suggested that I get an upper set of door hinges with mirror mount holes for my 1961 2A so I could move my wing mirrors to the door hinges. I think RN has only one for the left side listed and the picture doesn't show the mirror mount hole. At this point I was wondering if someone could send me a picture of one of these hinges since I'm not sure what they look like. I think it takes two different ones for the left and right side. If anyone has a used set to get rid of please let me know. Also I was wondering if a 1961 2A might have come without a heater. Mine shows no sign of ducts, hoses or holes for heater hoses. If it should have a heater what kind should it be. Thanks

1961 109 WAGON
04-24-2013, 07:11 PM
Here is what my 1961 109 wagon looks like 8116

1961 109 WAGON
04-24-2013, 07:12 PM
Have no idea how the picture got turned sideways!

siii8873
04-24-2013, 07:21 PM
If he is trying to use his wing mirrors I think he would need the hinge(s) with the horizontal hole adaptor cast into them.
Or the type above with arms.

ArlowCT
04-24-2013, 07:23 PM
Those look like ser II hinges. The ser III with the mirror mount holes are different. Yes, you will need a left and right hinge. It's a nice upgrade as you stay with rover hinges and mirrors. Good luck.

CKubinec
04-24-2013, 09:02 PM
The hinges I'm looking for have a flange cast onto one of the hinge arms. That flange has a hole through it for the mirror. What I remember is from a Rover I saw about 25 years ago so I'm not sure what I saw after this much time. I'm not sure what year the Rover was either. "1961 109 Wagon" thank you for the picture. Your set up almost looks like it uses standard hinges. Is there a plate or something behind the hinge that the mirror mounts to? Thanks to all for the feed back.

ArlowCT
04-24-2013, 09:20 PM
Sorry, I was thinking about the common upgrade to ser III / defender hinges and mirrors. There is a ser II hinge with a extra tab cast into the hinge for the mirror arm. Only thing I don't like about the ser II mirrors is the size, I find them just about useless. Having the nice big defender mirrors is real nice.

Andrew IIA
04-25-2013, 02:34 PM
The hinges I'm looking for have a flange cast onto one of the hinge arms. That flange has a hole through it for the mirror. What I remember is from a Rover I saw about 25 years ago so I'm not sure what I saw after this much time. I'm not sure what year the Rover was either. "1961 109 Wagon" thank you for the picture. Your set up almost looks like it uses standard hinges. Is there a plate or something behind the hinge that the mirror mounts to? Thanks to all for the feed back.
I have the hinge you're referring to (I think) on the driver's side of my '63 SIIA. I don't have a photo that shows it clearly, but you can sort of see it in some pics that are are the link below my sig. I'll take a close up when I get home for you.

Andrew IIA
04-25-2013, 04:17 PM
Here's my hinge-mirror mount:

east high
04-25-2013, 04:26 PM
Here's my hinge-mirror mount:

That's the stuff right there. I went looking for these a few years ago and found a guy on LR Exchange who had them for $60 a pop.

disco2hse
04-25-2013, 05:38 PM
You should be able to mount the Spafax mirrors on them too.

CKubinec
04-25-2013, 06:34 PM
YAAAAAA Andrew 2A that is exactly what I am looking for. Is there any way to print out pictures like the one you show. I tried and it came out all black. Otherwise is it possible to send me a PM with a JPG. attached. That way I could show people what I'm talking about. Many thanks.

CKubinec
04-25-2013, 06:41 PM
Here I go answering my own posts again. I figured out how to print pictures so disregard the last post. Thanks all.