PDA

View Full Version : Lowered Price 1969 Series IIA 88" - Buffalo NY $5000 B/O

dsherw00d
05-17-2013, 11:04 AM
I lowered the price to my bottom line. Any less and I will keep it in the stable and cruise around in it. As mentioned below, it only needs wiring completed to be on the road. It is driven just about every day and it runs, drives, and stops fine. I may officially get it on the road and inspected this week - everything works but the head lights - even the e-brake is good. Just to busy between work , my other cars, and golf (short season in NY!) this time of year.

We started with a 69 IIA from Stowe, VT. The frame was pretty bad so I picked up a frame in PA. The frame had the rear end rails and bumper replaced before I bought it. We took it 100% apart - everything off the frame and then had it sand blasted and epoxied. We then welded on new out riggers and new front frame horns. We put in a new driver side floor and patched other spots on the bulkhead. Then we put it back together replacing items as needed. The springs and shocks are Old Man Emu Parabolics that are about 3 years old. We replaced a couple of the frame side bushings. It has all new brake lines and hydraulics. It has new Michelin XT4 16" tires.

Engine/Mechanical are very good. It starts, drives, and stops nice. Starts every time with barely cranking the engine. Starts with the hand crank (yes still has it) easy as well. We did put on a new Zenith carb and have the Weber that came on it. It has lockout hubs. We replaced plugs, wires, condenser, points, rotor, etc - tune up stuff.

Interior has newer upholstery with the rear upper seats still having the Elephant hide with straw filling. All the seats are in excellent condition. It needs a new speedo as the rear cable housing broke - don't know if there is a fix. We installed a 3 pt seat belt kit on the drivers side.

It still does need some TLC to be really nice. The front right wing/fender is really beat up. There are some other less severe areas. It needs body work then painted. I have new ABS headlight buckets but not installed yet (was waiting for paint). It needs the rear wiring harness installed/fixed. It doesn't have a heater. It needs the rear pipe/muffler.

All in all, it's a great start to a really nice IIA. Could be a daily driver as it sits - 50 footer. I would drive it as is with just a sanding and repaint and be very happy. We have many extra parts - complete front and rear axles, tranny, transfer case, power brake booster/pedal/dual master for conversion, factory looking rear bumper/frame patch, and some other parts. The new parts came from DAP and Rovers North.

May be willing trade for another car/truck/suv - Outback, 4 runner, Disco, T100, Older (50s-80s) Chevy/Ford truck, pretty much any muscle car.

Sorry for not resizing the image - more pics are at:
http://thesherwoodgang.com/cars/69IIA/

http://thesherwoodgang.com/cars/69IIA/leftside.jpg

dsherw00d
06-17-2013, 09:54 PM
New Price - the I really don't want to sell price is gone:D

Revtor
06-18-2013, 06:57 AM
dsher, post more pics!!!! if you wanna sell it -sell it!!!

It's a bugeye I'm assuming?
interior, underside, engine etc..

dsherw00d
06-18-2013, 09:34 AM
There is a link down the post to my web site that has more pics. Let me know if a picture of a specific item/area is needed.