PDA

View Full Version : series wings for sale

sanchin
05-28-2013, 01:56 PM
Hey All, I'm hoping for a bit of help. I have been collecting Rovers/parts, my wife would say hoarding, for a while now (20+yrs) and need to sell some to finance the final stages of the resto of my series IIa. I have two complete sets of wings that I am reluctantly willing to part with, I quess my question is what are they worth?...I know they are in short supply now and while wanting to get what is a fair price I don't want to gouge anyone. One set is nearly flawless and in original paint and the other set is very good w/ a repaint. I'll post some pictures. Thanks in advance, Steve.

parrie
05-28-2013, 03:00 PM
I'm surprised that no one has responded to your post yet...usually any post that has the words "wings for sale" draws alot of attention. I've only been in the LR community for a couple of years now, I have seen single wings go from $150 to $450 depending on the condition and current demand. Depending on the year & condition I would guess a matched set in great condition would be valued between $400 to $800...there may be someone out there that needs them and be willing to pay more.

Apis Mellifera
05-28-2013, 07:30 PM
I bought a set of IIa wings last Fall. I bought one near perfect inner on eBay for $70 shipped. I bought the other inner and a pair of outers from a guy on GnR for $20 each piece, as I recall. The inner had the infamous MC cut and the outers were rough, but usable.

I would say $150-200 per complete is more realistic. If they were IIs rather than IIIs, I'd say you might get those upper figures.

BTW, if that's just an outer on the woodpile picture, I'd be interested in buying it.

JimCT
05-28-2013, 08:38 PM
This really is not the place to be selling parts.

I bought a set of IIa wings last Fall. I bought one near perfect inner on eBay for $70 shipped. I bought the other inner and a pair of outers from a guy on GnR for $20 each piece, as I recall. The inner had the infamous MC cut and the outers were rough, but usable.

I would say $150-200 per complete is more realistic. If they were IIs rather than IIIs, I'd say you might get those upper figures.

BTW, if that's just an outer on the woodpile picture, I'd be interested in buying it.

Apis Mellifera
05-28-2013, 08:41 PM
I'm not selling anything.

JimCT
05-28-2013, 08:45 PM
did not mean you quote you. sorry

sanchin
05-29-2013, 05:58 AM
Jim, I'll be more than happy to pull the post...I was just trying to gain some advise and at the same time make some members happy, cause some wings are around. Steve ....Sorry but I am unable to delete this post....maybe Les will do it.

giftshopduane
07-01-2013, 01:09 PM
I am interested in the green wings... still offering them up?

Les Parker
07-02-2013, 02:27 PM
No, this is OK.

All the best with the sale.

:)

giftshopduane
07-06-2013, 10:53 AM
Any chance Steve is still alive? must....have.....wings!

dunerunner
07-06-2013, 11:06 AM
Yo, Steve!!

Duane Needs Wings!!

Ya think he heard me?.......