PDA

View Full Version : Fun Parts Find

jonnyc
06-06-2013, 06:49 AM
Senior prank at my High School, fortunately not in my room!
http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s70/jonnycspics/photo2_zpsf828411d.jpg

The kids were later dismantling it and I noticed it had all Smith's gauges. Not sure if any will fit my Ser.III, but "Waste Not, Want Not". The whole dash is now in my shed.

rwollschlager
06-06-2013, 10:54 AM
dismantling it? where did they get it and what was the prank? to get it into the school or take apart someones car?

dunerunner
06-06-2013, 11:13 AM
Poor old blue MGB......

Someone should rescue it and restore it....sniff

jonnyc
06-06-2013, 11:58 AM
Just a body/frame and axles, and not really restorable condition. And they actually cut the body in half (door-to-door) to get it up the stairs and into the room.
This particular teacher gets hit every year. One year the room was about 4 feet deep in shredded paper, another year about 100,000 paper swans were hung from the ceiling, and last year they covered EVERYTHING in the room in tin foil. This year it was a big surprise as the teacher usually responsible is out on leave.
For me the funniest bit was that there were about 20 big, tough seniors around in the AM to bring the bits in, but they could only find 5 or 6 willing to cart it away! Bazinga!!!

SafeAirOne
06-06-2013, 08:01 PM
Just a body/frame and axles, and not really restorable condition. And they actually cut the body in half (door-to-door) to get it up the stairs and into the room.

AHHHH!

EVERYTHING is restorable (given enough time and money)!

Great prank! I love it.

Out of curiosity, were you out on leave this year? ;)

jonnyc
06-06-2013, 09:58 PM
No, I was at work. I am taking a break on major pranks for a bit. My last serious effort included a lifelike spider, 50 ft. of ceiling and wall matching thread, plastic rings, and some finely engineered inclines and angles. The "victim" nearly choked to death and I felt really bad. Can you imagine the paperwork associated with killing a colleague by practical joke?!?!?!?

pitchrollyaw
06-07-2013, 10:39 AM
...where was this?

That poor old 'B looks quite a bit like one I had for a very short time. It was a driver, the engine, mechanicals and electricals actually decent, all the trim parts were there but the floors were real bad w/ the structural rockers better, but not great. Certainly restorable w/ a lot of effort, but someone wanted it more than I did.

Hope it met a better fate.

jonnyc
06-07-2013, 11:09 AM
South East PA.