PDA

View Full Version : Paint Help

kwells
06-11-2013, 10:22 AM
Ok so my '65 IIA is going to the paint booth shortly. The truck was originally marine blue. I am most likely changing it to grey, either mid grey or rover dark grey. The problem is I cannot find a paint code for Rover dark grey. I thought rover dark grey was also called burnt grey but so I ordered paint samples and the burnt grey is like a dark brown. I have checked LRFAQ.com and everywhere on the internet. Does anyone have a paint code for rover dark grey???? attached are pictures of the sample mid grey and burnt grey and a picture of a rover dark grey truck. Thanks in advance. :thumb-up:

stomper
06-11-2013, 11:22 AM
Best advice I can give you on this issue is to call Ike at pangolin4x4.com and ask him for the paint code he used to paint that truck. He did an extensive search to find the correct paint code, so anyone else other than Ike or the current owner would be merely guessing.

kwells
06-11-2013, 01:53 PM
Best advice I can give you on this issue is to call Ike at pangolin4x4.com and ask him for the paint code he used to paint that truck. He did an extensive search to find the correct paint code, so anyone else other than Ike or the current owner would be merely guessing.

I emailed Ike twice with no response yet.

albersj51
06-11-2013, 06:58 PM
Probably best to call. He's a busy guy, but very nice and always willing to help.

Skeeball
06-11-2013, 10:20 PM
The color you may be looking for is called Dove Grey

kwells
06-11-2013, 11:37 PM
The color you may be looking for is called Dove Grey

Thanks I will try and get a sample