PDA

View Full Version : "Otis" the RRC is ready to romp

REDrum
06-12-2013, 09:24 PM
After 6 months of work, Otis the RRC is sorted and now stops when you step on the brake. It soaked up over $4K of OEM parts, and Lucky 8 now has a lien on my house, but its ready for wheelin' Can't wait to field test the F&R air lockers on some north country granite this weekend in Vermont. Next big ticket item are sliders, if I can find any....

Anyone have any experience trouble shooting the 6 disk CD players on these? Mine is loading but not being acknowledged by the head unit.

mearstrae
06-13-2013, 02:33 PM
Oh, wow! That's really nice... I'm envious, as my R.R.C. will never look that good, or be kitted out so well. As for the CD player, I had a similar problem, and luck was on my side, it was a corroded connector at the changer.

'95 R.R.C. Lwb
'76 Series III Hybrid 109
'70 Rover 3500S

badvibes
06-16-2013, 05:15 AM
Like mearstrae said my Range Rover will never look as nice as yours. Great looking Classic. It will never be as well equipped as your sounds to be either. But let's get them out on the trail and enjoy the heck out of them, that's what they're for right?

REDrum
06-16-2013, 08:02 AM
We're fresh back our first off road event together, a day of romping on some challenging class 4 Vermont roads. The traction control is pretty amazing, and there is plenty of articulation with anti-swaybars removed. There was another RRC in the group of 12: it was bro-mantic.

ThorH
06-16-2013, 10:45 PM
Can you give details on the additions to the Rover? Suspension, tires, rack, bumper.

Looks great!

Thanks!

REDrum
06-17-2013, 05:34 AM
Can you give details on the additions to the Rover? Suspension, tires, rack, bumper.

Sure, here's the special sauce:

F & R ARB air lockers
ARB on board air compressor (used old air bag tank for reservoir)
Great Basin HD axles
Terrafirm dampers
3" OME lift
Terafirma tie-rod/drag link combo
RTE front bumper and armor
Warm 9000 winchy thing w/synth line
235/85/16 KM2s
Procomp steelies
Kexby Limited mad-tite canvas seat covers
window tint: 10% rear/30% front
Baja roof rack
Titanium valve stem caps
Hella H4 replacement lenses (wicked awesome)
Hella 500 rallye lights
Uniden 510 CB
Pretentious Camel Trophy Stickers