PDA

View Full Version : Correct Smiths heater for a series 1 86" ? Clayton Round heaters?

snowgear
07-04-2013, 11:50 AM
My 1956 Series one, 86", left the UK with a heater installed.. I still have 2 windscreen de misters in place, the 2 pipes going toward the bulkhead, and 2 larger holes for the pipes to come through the bulkhead, and 3 smaller holes to bolt the heater unit in.. It is all plumbed,, but the heater, 2 demister hoses, & switch are all long gone. My Original Land rover series one book by James Taylor says the original heater was a Smiths Model 620, with switch , rheostat, dashboard Lucas # 076613. In the book, it shows a smiths heater with silver color, 2 doors, and one demister tube going straight up, and one going left, horizontal. A black heater was shown on an 88". I cannot find any google photos of a model #620,, What Smiths heater will bolt right up with my hole pattern? I see lots of Smiths R225, and others on Ebay, but the Morris Minor smiths 2 outlet pipes go out at an angle, I see the TR3 heaters also. .. I like the New Clayton, UK, ,round heaters, but the 2 pipes and bolts don't line right up. Any advice on what heater will bolt right up,, or if Smith #620 heaters are available restored? Thanks,. Tim M Washington State.