PDA

View Full Version : Rovertym Experience?

S11A
07-12-2013, 04:43 PM
Does anyone have any experience with RTE Welding & Fabrication (formerly Rovertym)? They are not all that far away from me and I am looking to have a roll cage made up and they came up in a search for area welding and fab shops.

albersj51
07-12-2013, 06:12 PM
Are they outside of Charlotte? If so, then I had a great experience. I gave him some tie rod/drag link measurements so he could make one for my power steering conversion. Came back great! Sold stainless steel and right to my specs. The price was reasonable, and it didn't take much time at all.

NC_Mule
07-13-2013, 07:04 AM
Does anyone have any experience with RTE Welding & Fabrication (formerly Rovertym)? They are not all that far away from me and I am looking to have a roll cage made up and they came up in a search for area welding and fab shops.
Never heard of them but I have a roll bar in my future. Website has some nice pics, that cage they made for that D90 looks nice. I like the design of the main hoop. I'm up in Boone/Banner Elk NC about 2 hours North/west of Charlotte. Where are you? Would be nice to see another Series.

Albersj51,
My inlaws live in Greenville sc. Trying to convience my wife to take the Series when we go down next weekend. Problem is I just took my hard top off and don't have a soft top so she's worried about getting caught in the rain. If we bring it down may be we can meet up. I'd like to see your truck.
pb

I Leak Oil
07-13-2013, 08:17 AM
They used to have a great reputation, especially in the coiler crowd. Not sure who ownes it today nor have I heard anything either way lately.

albersj51
07-13-2013, 05:34 PM
That would be great! No top for mine yet either. Due to the rain I haven't driven it in over a month, so I can't see if I solved an issue I was having. Either way, let me know if you make it down this way.

Jason

Never heard of them but I have a roll bar in my future. Website has some nice pics, that cage they made for that D90 looks nice. I like the design of the main hoop. I'm up in Boone/Banner Elk NC about 2 hours North/west of Charlotte. Where are you? Would be nice to see another Series.

Albersj51,
My inlaws live in Greenville sc. Trying to convience my wife to take the Series when we go down next weekend. Problem is I just took my hard top off and don't have a soft top so she's worried about getting caught in the rain. If we bring it down may be we can meet up. I'd like to see your truck.
pb

LR Max
07-14-2013, 08:54 PM
Are you looking for custom fab? In Indian Trail, NC there is a shop called Carolina Truggies. They do amazingly good work and they do custom stuff all day. Adam Reed, the guy that runs the shop, he knows his stuff and can get you sorted out quickly. They build KOH and ECORS off road race buggies with everything else in between. IMO, those are the guys you want doing the work. They do good work that you can take to the track. Not that you would, but if you are gonna throw money at something, might as well have the best.

When I finally get enough $$$, I'm going to have them do my suspension. They are really, really good at what they do.

I used to love RTE, but they've been passed around and passed around too much as of late. I have seen one of their recent builds and it is nice. I would trust them for coiler bolt-on stuff IF I went there and picked it up. Hopefully they are on the upswing and their reputation can be rebuilt.

@Jason. Next time I roll through I need to stop by and try to give you a hand. See if we can get that truck up and running. However I can't talk since my truck doesn't have an alternator, manifolds, nor carb on it right this moment.

ThePhotographer
07-15-2013, 08:52 AM
RTE is a bit pricey, but their stuff is quality and Bill Muetze is a stand up guy.

S11A
07-16-2013, 01:52 PM
Thanks everyone. Carolina Truggies has some great pics on their web site, so I will be sure to check them out.

I am a bit South of Charlotte, over the border in SC. Would definitely be great to get together especially after I get the truck further sorted out. Mine is also without a top at the moment, among other things.

albersj51
07-16-2013, 06:23 PM
@Jason. Next time I roll through I need to stop by and try to give you a hand. See if we can get that truck up and running. However I can't talk since my truck doesn't have an alternator, manifolds, nor carb on it right this moment.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, Max! She's running, just need some time and some clear weather to drive her and confirm I fixed the bogging under load issue. Let me know when you're up this way again.

Jason