PDA

View Full Version : Transfer case mounts

superstator
07-24-2013, 10:12 AM
Does anybody have a source for the rubber mounts for the transfer case? I found motor mounts via RN:

http://landroverparts.roversnorth.com/ProductDesc.aspx?code=NRC2052&type=0&eq=&desc=MOTOR-MOUNT---4-CYL-DIESEL-SERIES-IIA-%26-III

But I'm not seeing the part for the t-case. Or are they so standard I should just hit the hardware store and look for something likely?

ArlowCT
07-24-2013, 10:33 AM
I think they are the same as the motor mounts. That part should work for both.

jac04
07-24-2013, 03:34 PM
IIRC, they are different part numbers. Not sure of the difference though.

superstator
07-24-2013, 05:20 PM
Word from RN is they are the same. Knowing Rover they used to come in a different box at a different price, but were identical otherwise.

TeriAnn
07-24-2013, 10:14 PM
The engine and transfercase rubber mounts are the same. You can use either the petrol or the diesel versions. I prefer the stronger diesel ones.

Les Parker
07-25-2013, 02:18 PM
Originally they were different compounds, more resilient on the transfer box.
Teriann is correct though, most folks use the more heavy duty diesel version.

2p

superstator
08-03-2013, 03:06 PM
I have the diesel engine mounts in hand and am trying to fit the transfer case to my new chassis, and it doesn't look quite right somehow. There seems to be about a 20-30 degree difference between the brackets coming off the t-case and the mounts on the cross member. Is there an extra piece that goes in between, or is my new chassis a little off, or is it just the way things are? If anybody had a photo lying around of the standard mount in situ that might help clear things up for me. This is a 109" 6-cylinder chassis if it makes a difference.

superstator
08-03-2013, 03:48 PM
Nevermind - seems I'm missing these little guys:

http://landroverparts.roversnorth.com/ProductDesc.aspx?code=272498&eq=&desc=

I was a little scared they'd be unobtainium. Not sure how they escaped their baggie, but I'll probably find them in a dark corner the day after I take this thing for it's first spin.