PDA

View Full Version : Emissions setup on 1969 2a?

Revtor
07-24-2013, 04:34 PM
Hey all, I just failed NJ emissions testing, scoring a 2600 out of an allowable 700 HC.

So I am checking things over trying to improve my score... One thing I notice is that I have a plugged hose stub coming off the bottom of my oil filler pipe, and a matching plugged hose stub on my carb. My oil filler cap is the wire gauze vented type, so it doesn't make any sense to connect the two unless I have a sealed cap. Also I have a jerry rigged piece of tubing coming off my valve cover vent that goes into my carb intake horn through a drilled hole.

Id like to see if anyone knows what the factory "emissions" setup was on a 1969 NADA.

Thanks a lot!!!

~Steve

tolonian
07-24-2013, 05:30 PM
Hey all, I just failed NJ emissions testing, scoring a 2600 out of an allowable 700 HC.

So I am checking things over trying to improve my score... One thing I notice is that I have a plugged hose stub coming off the bottom of my oil filler pipe, and a matching plugged hose stub on my carb. My oil filler cap is the wire gauze vented type, so it doesn't make any sense to connect the two unless I have a sealed cap. Also I have a jerry rigged piece of tubing coming off my valve cover vent that goes into my carb intake horn through a drilled hole.

Id like to see if anyone knows what the factory "emissions" setup was on a 1969 NADA.

Thanks a lot!!!

~Steve

Sounds like you got most of the emissions set-up. If you get a sealed oil cap you could buy the diaphragm emissions kit from our hosts to connect the oil filler tube to the carb. There was also an expansion tank connected to the gas tank and run to a charcoal filter through a series of plastic pipes, seen it on many ~1970 trucks, not sure if it was standrad equip on a 1969 or maybe an option. See attached.

Revtor
07-24-2013, 05:51 PM
Looking at my oil filler tube I don't have a lip or rim to fit the radiator cap style sealed cap. Was there a sealed version for the straight filler tube maybe?

I don't have any of the fuel tank emissions stuff. Looks like I just made the cutoff on that. (my serial 24435996)