PDA

View Full Version : X panda conversion details?

sleam
07-25-2013, 09:20 PM
Hello! Does anyone have the full information on converting an 88 into a camper, like the X-Panda kit? I found the beginnings of notes on Terriann's site but it stops at step 3! If you know where I could either get the kit or the information to make such a conversion, please let me know. Thanks.

TeriAnn
07-25-2013, 10:39 PM
Hello! Does anyone have the full information on converting an 88 into a camper, like the X-Panda kit? I found the beginnings of notes on Terriann's site but it stops at step 3! If you know where I could either get the kit or the information to make such a conversion, please let me know. Thanks.

I have the full instructions that are jpegs of third or fourth generation FAX copies. Each page requires several hours to clean up and fill in. I'm afraid that it has become one of those projects that has a very low priority. Sorry.

sleam
07-26-2013, 09:31 AM
Hello Teriann! I like the idea but not sure if I want to do it so I'm not in a rush. I did print out your web pages and started looking at them...it's pretty inspiring but i realise I use the roofrack a lot if camping, so I'm not sure what I'd do for the best. Have you ever done this conversion yourself? Did it ever become popular in any way over here? Just curious!
s

Revtor
07-26-2013, 10:53 AM
Terriann Ill do the touchup work on the pages if you want.. Send 'em to me and I'll send em back, then you can post them etc..

Rat Patrol
07-26-2013, 09:40 PM
I've been considering the same conversion for my M416 with a Series hard top install. I'm just not keen on converting the Tropi top on the Landy.

sleam
07-27-2013, 09:17 AM
My last landy had the 'safari' roof and no, i'd not touch that, but this one has the hard top and I have a frame and most (but not all!) the canvas cover. I like the idea of a tent though. BUT! I worked out how to set it up for me and the dogs! I made a platform across the seats in the back, their beds on that, the camping gear underneath and my hammock hangs diagonally. It works too!

morgant
07-27-2013, 08:54 PM
The rest of the manual & assembly instructions can be found on Ike's X-Panda page (http://pangolin4x4.com/Reference_Library/Pages/X-Panda_Cabs.html).

sleam
07-30-2013, 10:07 AM
Found it - thanks. And now I'm not sure. Looks like a fun project if I can work out creating the parts myself. Has anyone here done this? I appreciate the input.
s

sleam
01-24-2014, 10:37 AM
Terriann Ill do the touchup work on the pages if you want.. Send 'em to me and I'll send em back, then you can post them etc..
Hey there! Months later I found this link to the directions. Do you want to work on this still? I had the first three pages from Terriann but now theres the whole manual on a link.
Let me know what you think? I"m going to print them up and play with this on my 1972 SIII.
http://pangolin4x4.com/Reference_Library/Pages/X-Panda_Cabs.html#8

Revtor
01-27-2014, 08:51 PM
I think the images on the Pangolin site are too small to really improve them much. If someone has an actual copy of the instructions I'll digitize and clean them up, sure.

~Steve