PDA

View Full Version : 63 IIa Coil Lead???

timc930
07-25-2013, 09:43 PM
OK, So you guys are going to have to pardon my ignorance while I learn this truck. Rebuilt the carb tonight, then checking the coil lead going into the coil, very loose and the wire just pulled out. This has some type if funky screw in connection that I have never seen before. The Dist cap leads are NOT screw on, just the coil lead at the coil. IS there a way this can be converted to standard push in coil wire? I want to drive this thing tomorrow to the beach!!! Can I use a spare 12V coil from a 95 RR Classic?

tim

mearstrae
07-26-2013, 12:28 PM
Go ahead and use the Rangie lead. No way of telling just what kind of lead you have, without a picture of it.

'95 R.R.C. Lwb
'76 Series III Hybrid 109
'70 Rover 3500S

willincalgary
07-26-2013, 04:18 PM
I had a screw in terminal on the coil as well. After years of trouble free driving we suspected a coil failure so replaced it with a push on connection. Anyhow, when I did I found that the old wire was Jerry rigged to fit in the coil. The end of the wire had been cut off and a metal screw had been threaded into the end of the wire to make the connection in the coil. Worked like that for ten'ish years that I know of.
Not the "right" solution but would probably get you to the beach (maybe even back home again!).

timc930
07-28-2013, 10:29 PM
So I just replaced the coil, with a new coil that uses standard push in coil lead.