PDA

View Full Version : 1964 109 with 1991 2.5L chevy mod.

gwmaxhunter
07-26-2013, 10:37 PM
Hi there fellow roverers i live in canada bc my 70hp 2.25 cant pull these hills like the super B,s can. I just pulled on the highway in my little foreign car, where its raining and the road is realy bad, never saw that big old diesel but i heard him hit the air, i gota feelin that i kinda made him mad, he closed the gap between us pushed the pedal to the floor, he was making 90 in that big old diesel truck, i could here the names he was calling me above the engines roar and the words wont be found in webster's book, he was so close i could steal his licence plate, i could hear saint peter calling me and i could almost smell the flowers..........o ok so you get the point. i needed more power so i picked up a 1991 chevy 2.5L made my own adapter and away i go with 105 to 115hp8502850385048505

NC_Mule
07-27-2013, 11:03 AM
I hear you. I've been caught towing on I85 with a speed limit of 70mph which means most people are doing 80+. I hit a hill and drop to 45-50 so cars are coming up on me fast. Several dirty looks like I'm going slow on purpose. That extra hp is going to be nice.
pb

gwmaxhunter
07-28-2013, 09:07 PM
update on my chevy 2.5L 109........took it out for a spin have a hill in front of the shop....this is no 5.9 cummins...but i was impressed with getting into 4th and accelerating up this hill before i was just holding my own in 3rd gear.....PS i left the rad cap loose so i could puke some coolant on the ground when i got back just lost a cup so no big deal........then i realised o ya when i was picking up parts today i didn't get the vacuum line for the dist. yet....so this thing should run even better when it has vac. advance working.....also i'd like to say i think the rover 2.25 is 550 LBS this chevy is a lot lighter i think i have shed about 200 to 350 LBS off the front axle. when i am done i will go to the scales and check this out and see how much it is now...........i am interested in conversions other people have done and things they have run into and how it turned out........bye for now..........maxhunter

zayante
08-11-2013, 10:31 PM
How do you get to the distributor? Hole in the firewall/tunnel?

I have a 2.5, and the stock carb and air cleaner foul the intake elbow on the Kodiak Mk 4 heater. Previous owner left off the elbow/air flow damper, and it pulled air in from under the hood...I considered going with a Mercruiser 3.0 'cause it's not a crossflow and the distributor is mounted differently, but they're kinda rare, would need flywheel work, and it would have to be retuned for the road rather than a boat or forklift.

-Chris

gwmaxhunter
08-12-2013, 10:12 PM
Hi, a good question how to access the distributer. ya i thought of this......A, pull starter out to adjust distributer.......or B, make access panel. here is that i did>>>>>863486358636............. I figured this is a lot easier and less stressful than being stuck in the mud and fabing an access panel with my husqvarna.