PDA

View Full Version : Roll Cage for Series IIA

jmshep3
07-31-2013, 10:03 AM
​I have a 64 Series IIA and would like to make it safer for my family by installing a roll cage in it to fit under the hoop set. This would allow the use of either a hard top or the soft top. The cage could also serve as an anchor point for the shoulder harness of the seat belt.

Unfortunately, I can't find anything on the web for these other than one East Coast Rovers did a few years back. They only do Defender work at this point.

Does anyone have any information to put one of these in: (design, fabricator, installer)?

Thanks

rwollschlager
07-31-2013, 10:49 AM
Yes! I had a custom 4pt cage, tied to the frame, fabricated for my series III by Wade Swift at www.swiftinnovation.com

If you are near the New England area I would recommend him, but honestly any steel fabricator should do.

We used 1.75" OD 0.1875 wall electric-weld tubing. Cost about $1400.

I'm typing on my phone so I can't look up any pictures at the moment, but if you go to his site, under his blog section he has pictures of my cage and my front bumper.

-Rob

jmshep3
08-01-2013, 09:19 AM
Thanks for the information. I will call them since they are only about an hour and a half from me. Did they do the install or just fabricate the cage? Any pics would be great when you get some time.

Thanks again.

rwollschlager
08-01-2013, 05:08 PM
I will take some pictures tomorrow when the rain subsides, but yes they did the install for me as well. The only downside was it was bare metal, so I had to remove, paint, and refit, but that was not a hassle thanks to the design. If you are only and hour and a half away you should look into coming down to the muddy chef event next weekend!

-Rob