PDA

View Full Version : D2 Transmission Issue

moodhair
08-20-2013, 03:05 AM
My daughter was driving her D2 down the interstate and the propshaft snapped and before she got the vehicle safely stopped the end of the propshaft that was still attached up front banged on transmission pan an knocked it loose. Mechanic says I need a whole new transmission and propshaft for $3500. How can I determine if a new transmission is really needed? Like to keep the truck - but can't put $3500 in it with 114K miles even though the engine was rebuilt at 90K

Been a solid vehicle and hate to see it go so quickly. If I took a couple of photos underneath could someone give me an indication of how bad it looks?? And how hard is it to replace the transmission and has anyone experience with used transmissions?

I Leak Oil
08-20-2013, 05:39 AM
Unfortunately this is a common and well documented problem with the D2. There are used trannys out there. I'm sure if you're willing to try it yourself you can get out of it for much less than what you've been quoted. This probably isn't the best site to source one so you should try Discoweb or D90 source. Will Tillery or Paul Grant can probably hook you up and both are reputable used parts dealers.

moodhair
09-04-2013, 06:47 PM
Unfortunately this is a common and well documented problem with the D2. There are used trannys out there. I'm sure if you're willing to try it yourself you can get out of it for much less than what you've been quoted. This probably isn't the best site to source one so you should try Discoweb or D90 source. Will Tillery or Paul Grant can probably hook you up and both are reputable used parts dealers.

Thanks - saving the pennies to get it replaced - shame to scrap a truck this early in it's life. (only 11 years old).

Donnie
09-05-2013, 10:13 AM
I am unable to view any photo's, perhaps I could supply some info........Donnie

antichrist
09-05-2013, 04:22 PM
If it's really just the pan that's not so bad. Typically it knocks a hole in the housing. Will or Paul would be the way to go. Unless you have a local PullaPart.
For a propshaft, Tom Woods or Great Basin Rovers.