PDA

View Full Version : Truck shipping advise

Walker
08-26-2013, 07:23 PM
The family is moving east from Central California. I'm having to ship the S3 by an auto transporter and would like to know of any of your experiences, what precautions you took, etc. Thanks in advance.

Art

stomper
08-26-2013, 07:30 PM
Call Ike at pangolin4x4.com. He recommended a shipper to someone a while back that he uses regularly, and gets his thumbs up. Given your location which is somewhat close to him, he would be my first recommendation.

stomper
08-26-2013, 07:38 PM
http://siteground237.com/~gunsandr/showthread.php?2339-Shipping-a-car-Got-any-advise-Favorites/page2&highlight=uship

Bullseye transporters. There are a few other good recommendations in this thread.

Partsman
08-26-2013, 08:25 PM
I second Bullseye, they moved mine from Georgia to Massachusetts, they even knew how to start it without having to be told.

stomper
08-26-2013, 08:44 PM
That's a winning company! My wife can't even be taught after a dozen tries!

LaneRover
08-27-2013, 08:00 AM
The family is moving east from Central California. I'm having to ship the S3 by an auto transporter and would like to know of any of your experiences, what precautions you took, etc. Thanks in advance.

Art

Art,
Make sure that all the doors close and stay closed! Do the doors lock? Do your windows slide back and forth on their own or do they stay shut? As its a SIII you don't have to worry about leaving them notes on how the start button on the dash works! You will have to make sure that the battery is firmly attached and held in place. Basically I would look for anything loose and either reattach or take it off. Though you may be tempted to put stuff into it to get it across the country remember that the shipper may not allow it and also won't be held liable for loose items in the vehicle.

Make sure it has gas in it as they may need to start it and move it around between trucks and trailers.

Brent

artpeck
08-27-2013, 08:55 AM
I shipped an SI from Utah to Northern California and got the recommendation from Ike. I can dig it up if you want. It wasn't the cheapest or the most expensive but they did a great job. And the truck was picked up no time and delivered on time. All of them are brokers so its really about the drivers they choose. Lets me know if you want the info.

bugeye88
08-27-2013, 10:22 AM
It depends on wether you want enclosed or open transport. If the truck is nice, use enclosed. I have used Passport Transport and Intercity transport with good results. I have heard that Reliable transport is good also.

Rob

siii8873
08-27-2013, 06:16 PM
I have shipped 4 trucks. I did use Bullseye for an Oregon to NY ship and they were good to deal with. I also used a place out of Florida twice and they were good also. Actually have not had a bad experience. Only issue I've had is trying to nail down a schedule.

Walker
08-30-2013, 09:48 PM
Hey guys. Thanks for the info. Should I leave the spares mounted outside or put them inside? Lock up the doors and bonnet?

indyrover
09-06-2013, 02:13 PM
I have used UShip a couple of times and have been very happy.

Jessy
02-02-2014, 11:57 PM
I used All America Auto Transport to ship my truck from Alabama to California. Nice guys to deal with. You can visit their website http://www.aaat.com/ and get answers to your queries with their free information package.

Contractor
02-03-2014, 07:55 AM
Smells like spam in here.