PDA

View Full Version : Interested in an Ex MoD 110...but worried.

Ross72SIII
09-03-2013, 08:47 PM
After my last year long episode of "This old Rover" I have decided to ease my way into whatever toy with four wheels I pick up next.

Im thinking late 80's Ex MoD 110. There are some great looking refurb trucks coming over for 20K and under and I am willing to wait to find the right one then spend some time with it making it a little bit more "comfortable".

Now, for my question: How are parts on these bad boys? Specifically engine, tranny...the big stuff? Are they much different than the civilian 110 models of roughly equivalent year? What I dont want to have happen is have some strange, ex MoD only, 2.5NA part go and have to wait 4 months and give 3 fingers to get it shipped from the UK.

While I spent many hours underneath my 109 my only experience with Defenders was driving them overseas with the military...we were not nice to them and they took it well, this is what got me interested in Rovers to start with.

Cheers,

Ross

l.a. rover
09-05-2013, 09:56 PM
Talk to Chris at sandwich rovers..... He's in Bryan Texas and he imports them into the u.s. he. Too was in the British army. Don't have his no# just google sandwich rover and his info will appear.... Good luck!

meatblanket
09-07-2013, 04:33 PM
Parts aren't a problem. Most of it is the same as the civvy counterpart. Unlike the Series exmod the coilers have12 volt electrics.

l.a. rover
09-11-2013, 10:04 AM
here's chris' infor: http://sandwichconsultants.org/ ..... good luck!!!!

RoverDover
10-04-2013, 09:29 PM
I have an Ex MoD 90 with the 2.5NAD. the only difference with the civvy truck is the oil cooler in the radiator that the civvy didnt get. I you drive on relatively flat roads they are brilliant. They will dissapoint if you live in the Rockies...

And the military trucks dont have any of that crappy plastic interior trim that falls apart on the civvy trucks!