PDA

View Full Version : Need help with diesel conversion

Skookumchuck
09-06-2013, 05:42 PM
After a 1 1/2 I almost finished the conversion but I need a 200 TDI defender intake manifold or something else that will work? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Tired of not driving the Rover.

o2batsea
09-08-2013, 08:05 PM
What you can do is take the Disco turbo and manifold and flip the turbo so it's up instead of down. You'll have to redrill and tap the holes for the wastegate actuator and reclock the turbo inlet housing. Not too big of a chore. Then the exhaust will be pointing toward the front like on a 300Tdi. The inlet will be at the back, so the plumbing the turbo is a little diffeternt. Ditto the oil feed lines. I was going to have a local turbo shop make me some new ones. I was gonna go this way until I found that I had enough room.

SafeAirOne
09-08-2013, 09:02 PM
Didn't someone in the UK sell some sort of TDi conversion kit to move the turbo to a more favorable position? I don't remember the details or who made it, but I do remember part of the kit was a piece that looked something like this:

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3739/9703961131_1e3fc40d37_z.jpg

Anyone know the kit I'm talking about, or did I just dream it?...

o2batsea
09-09-2013, 05:41 AM
Yeah, it's more or less two T25 flanges with a bit of weld elbow in between. This is one solution, but you will find it pushes the turbo outboard another two inches or so. That may not sound like much but it will mean major surgery on the wing.