PDA

View Full Version : Import from UK/Shipping Cost

hermanthegerman
09-11-2013, 04:03 PM
I'm considering buying a LR in the UK. Does anyone have good/bad experiences with shipping companies in the UK? I got a quote from www.autoshippers.co.uk (http://www.autoshippers.co.uk/) for about US$1,800. Does that sound right?

Contractor
09-12-2013, 07:11 AM
I used Mark @ Kingstown Shipping and was more than pleased.......very, very straight up guy and took care of everything for me.

It cost Sterling GB 1050, you will have to convert to pounds as I don't know what the exchange rate is currently.

Don't forget that they are only handling the stuff on their side of the pond......you will need to hire a customs broker here to help you on this side and of course that will come with a fee (not huge, but still several hundred dollars). Mark actually hooked me up with the US broker in my port which was nice because they already new each other and paperwork transactions were really easy.

Their Information is:

Mark Cowley - Kingstown Shipping Ltd
> Ferry Berth | King George Dock | Hull | HU9 5PS
> Tel: +44 (0)1482 374116 | Fax: +44 (0)1482 711997
> mark.cowley@kingstownshipping.co.uk
> Internet: www.kingstownshipping.co.uk
> <http://www.kingstownshipping.co.uk/>

mearstrae
09-27-2013, 10:24 AM
The British pound os currently at $1.61. I don't know the current shipping cost but that price sounds reasonable. The shipping company will charge a "Docking Fee" that has to be paid before they release it to you. Customs charges a Tax that also has to be paid before pick-up. I acted as my own broker and had to go to the Customs House and do the paper work, I had the bill of sale and the Keeper's Certificate to show customs. At the docks there were more papers to fill out and showing the customs forms, Docking Payment, Bill of Sale, and Keeper's Cert. Then I picked up the Series after hours of running about doing this paper work and waiting for the dock workers to find the vehicle.

'95 R.R.C. Lwb
'76 Series III Hybrid 109
'70 Rover 3500S

ThePhotographer
09-27-2013, 01:36 PM
Don't forget of course the immense fees that you could incur if the vehicle is anything different than completely original and legal. Honestly, you should look into enlisting the services of Doug C. of Dividing creek imports, or Derek C. of GMR 4x4.

derekchace
09-29-2013, 08:22 AM
You can do it your self.....but really you need boots on the ground in the UK to find a decent Rover.....then on top of that the ports/customs are being absolutely horrible this year. So plan on some major hidden expenses. Right now i'm only bringing in the Rover I sell.