PDA

View Full Version : 1976 Series III 88 2.25 Diesel FS (Boston)

REDrum
09-15-2013, 08:17 AM
SOLD

1976 Series III 88
58,XXX kilometers
2.25 diesel
Left hand drive
Overdrive
Safari Roof
Hand throttle
OEM side and rear steps
"Tico" style basket roof rack and ladder
Defender type (Mantec) rear swing-a-way spare tire carrier (not hung from door)
Rover brush guard and auxiliary lights (not on truck now but part of the package)
(5) new Firestone 235/85/16 MT tires (new 2012)
New paint in 2009 (Bronze Green)
New upholstery and head liner 2009
New gear box in 2009
I've owned since 2010
Imported from Costa Rica to the US in 2012 (I have all paperwork)

This truck has been very well maintained all its life, I am the 3rd owner and know its history. Lots of recent (past 5 years) work has been performed on it (too much to list here). And, most importantly, it has no rust! This is not a pristine restored museum trophy, but it is not a project truck, that you have to pour $20,000 and 5 years of your life into, either. Rather, it is an excellent condition truck that you can drive daily and actually take off road exploring and 4 wheeling. All it needs is routine use, care, and maintenance and it will go for another few decades.

The truck was originally purchased by the owner of pineapple plantation in southern Costa Rica and it was used as his personal truck to get out into the fields. The truck was maintained as part of his truck fleet. More recently, it was used as a coffee truck in the Central Range. The truck recently won "Best Land Rover" at the Larz Andersen Auto Museum British Car Day.

Why I'm selling this truck? because I own 2 other, non-running, Series Land Rovers (yes I have the virus..) and simply do not have the space to keep/store them all. Also, we currently own 7 vehicles and have become "that" household in our neighborhood.... If I lived on an acre lot, you would not be reading this ad.

Asking $16,000 w/o winch.

Truck is located outside Boston. If you are out side the region and would like more photos please let me know. If you are local, come by, take a look and take for a spin.

RLTW06
09-30-2013, 12:24 PM
PM sent.

REDrum
11-24-2013, 01:30 PM
Bump. Price drop since winch no longer part of the package deal.