PDA

View Full Version : Flexible hose size

DGG
09-24-2013, 01:20 PM
Are all the flexible hoses on my 61 109 station wagon the same size? The three brake hoses and the clutch hose.

Thanks

cedryck
09-25-2013, 01:20 PM
what type of hoses, fuel, brake, vacume?

rwollschlager
09-25-2013, 01:45 PM
I believe the clutch hose is shorter than the other three. The brake hoses may be similar in length, but the length of their threads on each side may differ due to mounting. According to the RN website, they all have different part numbers, so I would account for them all being different.

-Rob

DGG
09-25-2013, 06:53 PM
I believe the clutch hose is shorter than the other three. The brake hoses may be similar in length, but the length of their threads on each side may differ due to mounting. According to the RN website, they all have different part numbers, so I would account for them all being different.

-Rob

Thank you.

Linus Tremaine
09-25-2013, 11:48 PM
the threads should all be the same- 3/8-24. The lengths are different. Also, sometimes I have seen the clutch slave cylinder have a banjo fitting on the end instead of a hose that threads directly in. Wheel cylinders seal with a copper crush washer as does the clutch slave (in almost all cases). The connection at the metal hard line is a long threaded fitting with a mounting nut and seals with a flare type seal that is 45 degrees. Clutch and all brake hoses are like this-except for the exception I mentioned with the banjo fitting.