PDA

View Full Version : 67 SIIA Canister or Spin-off conversion?

Stock
10-08-2013, 03:25 PM
Finally got my 67 SIIA 88 2.25 petrol up and running this summer and am now working through the electrical bugs. It appears I have some sort of US Stage modification which added the oil pressure gauge and light on a separate panel but neither seem to be working. Nor does the oil pressure light on the speedo. I changed out the Voltage Stabilizer and at least now have water temp working. There are two oil pressure switches on the canister head (one on a brass banjo and the other shooting straight out on the end both with green wires) both threaded at 3/8" - one tapered and one not, but no sender unit. Friend lent me his sender but it is 1/2" and I think I need some sort of adapter so I can install it. The other option I was hoping for some thoughts on is whether to just go ahead and convert to a spin-off with hopes that it has a 1/2" port and 3/8" port on it already.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks
Stock

SafeAirOne
10-08-2013, 03:51 PM
Unusual to have 2 oil pressure senders, unless one is a pressure sender and other a pressure switch. Or one is an oil temp sender.

Anyhow, you can adapt a whole bunch of different thread types, pitches and sizes using adapters from Holden in the UK:

http://www.holden.co.uk/displayproducts.asp?sg=2&pgCode=070&sgName=Hardware&pgName=Gauges&agCode=0611&agName=Smiths+Classic+Gauge+Fittings

mearstrae
10-08-2013, 05:59 PM
Your fitting sizes seem rather large. Pipe type thread is measured on the inside (the hole in it) not the outside. So, perhaps you have 1/4" pipe thread and 3/8" pipe thread? Just wondering.

'95 R.R.C. Lwb
'76 Series III Hybrid 109
'70 Rover 3500S

Stock
10-08-2013, 06:41 PM
thanks for the link and thread info. I will go out to the barn to remeasure...I was measuring with a caliper on the threads for the pressure switches when I had them out. They could be different functions but I don't have an oil temp gauge. Heck I don't even know if the engine is the original but it does run smooth. I might be able to send a pic in this thread as well of the two of them (one has a US part stamp on it). thanks gents!