PDA

View Full Version : OVER HEATING 73

Zimbos
10-10-2013, 06:14 PM
HI YA'LL ,GOT THE BUSH BANDIT RUNNING AFTER 7 YEARS , NEW RAD HOSES THERMOSTAT, STARTER , DIST, I HAVE READ ABOUT A GROUND ON THE VOLTAGE STABILISER WHERE IS THIS ANY PICS GREATLY APPRICIATED,

Manny
10-10-2013, 06:21 PM
Make sure to burp the system. I had a problem of my SIII running hot until I burped it.

SafeAirOne
10-10-2013, 06:26 PM
The metal case (and therefore the mounting tab) is the ground for the stabilizer.

Zimbos
10-11-2013, 06:08 AM
THANKS GUYS I GOOGLED SOME PICS , WHATS THE PROCEDURE TO BURP ,

Revtor
10-11-2013, 01:58 PM
The procedure is to run the engine with the rad cap off and heater valve open for a while so the flow of hot water brings any air up and out. Helps to have the front of the truck a bit higher than the back. At a shop near me they have a special radiator cap with a funnel on it to catch any fluid that expands out of the radiator, but as long as you keep your eye on it and keep topping it off you should have no problem.

Zimbos
10-12-2013, 06:51 AM
THANK YOU ALL FOR THE INFO , I FOUND THE DRAIN ON THE BLOCK AND WHEN THE TRUCK IS RUNNING I HAVE RUSTY WATER COMING OUT WHEN OPEN , WHEN I HAVE A MORE TIME I WOULD LIKE TO KEEP TOPPING OFF TILL THE DRAIN WATER IS CLEAN ,I MAY GO AHEAD AND PUT NEW RUBBER ON THE HEATER LINES THEY PRETTY OLD LOOKING